Photo of the Month is open for nominations.
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.
- photo must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
- two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
- submitted photographs must prominently feature:
- bus infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
- a bus from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
- the bus is in focus
- the fleet or registration number of the bus is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
- preferred photo width is 800 pixels or more, but photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted
If possible, please supply date or month of photo.
for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.
Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus or @actbusspotter (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.
Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.
*This month we are seeking photos of Irisbus Agora Line and/or Scania K320UB 6x2*4 (aka "Stag")
buses. By submitting a photo which matches this criterion, you may post up to three photos - but all three must not be of the same bus.
To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640]
instead of [img].
Submissions close midnight 26 April
, Australian Eastern Standard time, although submissions may be closed early once 10 photos have been submitted.