Renault artic withdrawals

Started by smitho, July 06, 2012, 11:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

So who is going to fight for a drive of the last MkI PR180.2 at Belconnen?

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 01, 2012, 11:47:36 AM
Still needs more work I think. The trailer in particular was looking a bit ratty when I caught it during the week. Was really struggling with the heat too. Very slow off the mark.

Yes, I was warned by another driver not to take out 988. He said it was a real slug and had earlier got him into trouble because of its very slow acceleration.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 01, 2012, 09:44:29 PM
So who is going to fight for a drive of the last MkI PR180.2 at Belconnen?

Too late now!
I drove 709 on the last day of the last school holidays (the last shift i was going to be able to get an artic on). It is a very good example of the type, however with a gearbox reprogram it would be excellent.

Busnerd

Could someone get some photos of the withdrawn artics at woden? Probably the last chance to get photos of them before they get scrapped/sold!

Bus 400

Some photos of the artics at Woden Depot are in the ACT Bus Gallery. That's only for the buses not blocked in.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 10, 2012, 01:55:27 PM
Some photos of the artics at Woden Depot are in the ACT Bus Gallery. That's only for the buses not blocked in.

With the other issue being that all the artics have had the fleet numbers removed.

Buzz Killington

There was another one parked against the rear fence next to 713 today.

As opposed to getting photos of them in Woden, everyone should really just aim to get plenty of photos of them in service

Buzz Killington

Quote from: The Love Guru on December 01, 2012, 09:15:57 PM
708 to Tuggies, 713 withdrawn

Glad 708 made the move. Runs very well. It's no 725, but it's a very nice bus.

smitho

Drove 'bandaged' 723 on my last school run yesterday....not running quite as smoothly as it used to.

(700 and 702 are my usual choices....both going pretty well).

perthbus

I can confirm some of these are heading to WA, not sure of the fleet numbers we're getting yet.

Bus 400

I hope any Tuggeranong drivers out there can keep an eye on it. But from a drive by on Saturday, Bus 711 was parked separately on the Tuggeranong bricks & looks like the next withdrawal.

Buzz Killington

Tuggeranong is still sending artics out in service during th holidays - I saw 723 and 987 this arvo

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 07, 2013, 06:37:47 PM
Tuggeranong is still sending artics out in service during th holidays - I saw 723 and 987 this arvo

Yes, I had 700 out yesterday afternoon due to PR2 shortage and no green buses being available.

As per Murphy's Law, the air cond in 700 wasn't operating....phew!!!!

The Love Guru

Not supposed to take them out with the drivers air-con US Smitho!

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on January 08, 2013, 03:17:12 PM
Yes, I had 700 out yesterday afternoon due to PR2 shortage and no green buses being available.

As per Murphy's Law, the air cond in 700 wasn't operating....phew!!!!

I always chuckle when a shortage of standard buses is mentioned, given they have a bunch sitting at Woden Depot unused

smitho

Quote from: The Love Guru on January 08, 2013, 05:01:20 PM
Not supposed to take them out with the drivers air-con US Smitho!

Yeah; only noticed it was defective when time was against me doing a swap. Bit of a pain.

smitho

700 appears to be in the 'sin bin' at present; now parked alongside the PR 2 trainer bus with its back to the workshop. Two way and Wayfarer gear still in place.

Does not seem to have seen any service since I parked it on the bricks after doing 787 Xpresso last Monday afternoon (7 Jan).

Barry Drive

Which suggests that all withdrawals will be done numerically from here on, apart from any future mechanical failures.

smitho

Well 700 was out of the 'sin bin' this evening, but whether it was back with its sisters at 'Pine Island' (southern most part of Tuggy garage) or has been despatched to Woden Depot, who knows.

One of senior drivers observed today that 700 has a near new engine.,

Buzz Killington

700 appeared to be parked facing out onto Athllon Dr at Woden Depot today. Fleet numbers gone but the front desto had '700' on it.

Bus 400

A new artic has appeared at Woden, I presume it is 701.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on January 23, 2013, 10:04:48 PM.
708 has been parked out the front of the T Workshop for several days....

Bus 708's BDC (Bus Driver Console) has been removed, so it's safe to say it has been decommissioned. Bus 710 is also sitting around with Bus 708, with Buses 519 & 521. So that would be the next withdrawal, it also should be noted that Bus 702 is with also decommissioned.

Buzz Killington

Shame they're going numerically and not just ditching the duds.

Bus 400

Bus 711 is sitting at the back of Tuggeranong Workshop, with the MyWay BDC removed.

Bus 400

The ACTION website has been updated to state that the next round of bus disposals will be in May 2013.

Buzz Killington

smitho

714 laid over at Belconnen Depot yesterday (FridaY) after completing charter from St Francis Xavier from Big Splash @ Macquarie (goes very well). 

Buzz Killington

It was out on Brumbies Charter last night too, along with 721 and 988

smitho

Good to hear...I'd take 714 any day in preference to any of the Mark 2 Renault artics.

smitho

712 was back in use today...one of a large number of Renault and Scania artics used on shuttle services today conveying MacKillop College students from start of school year Mass at Tuggeranong Stadium to Isabella and Waniassa campuses.

smitho

Worked 712 on Canberra Show runs today (Sunday 24 Feb).

Buzz Killington

Presumably the BDC was reinstalled?

smitho

Yes, all the usual kit was there.

Barry Drive

Any news on 712? Has it been withdrawn again?

Has 714 been withdrawn (now that 520 is in service)?

Haven't seen either of these buses for the last week or so.

smitho

712 was in the shed and available for use earlier in the week; will keep an eye out for it and 714 ....

smitho

Can confirm that both 712 and 714 were garaged with the rest of the Renault fleet this evening and available for revenue service.

King of Buses

BUS-712 was still in service on Wednesday although did look rather poorly on Sunday when at the Bricks.

Barry Drive

Bus400 has reported that 701 has moved to Tuggeranong Depot - most likely to be stripped for parts.

Bus 400

With Bus 986 sitting at Tuggeranong Workshop with spilt bendy bit.

Buzz Killington

Presumably that's 701 parked parallel to Reed St?

986's bellows looked a bit stuffed. Wonder if they'll replace them with 701's..

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on April 28, 2013, 06:54:45 PM
Presumably that's 701 parked parallel to Reed St?

That is correct, you can see the faint 701 among other things.

Buzz Killington

smitho

701 was running at workshop yesterday am; mid-afternoon, I saw an un-numbered Renault artic heading south to Tugg Workshop, driven by an orange-top...presumably this was 701....returning to service perhaps?

712 did Brumbies on Saturday night plus 15 other Tuggy artics and 1 steer tag. Belco had 5 or 6 artics present as well.

smitho

702 and 710 were on Tuggy bricks today but no sign of 701 in that vicinity.

Bus 400

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 02, 2013, 12:23:53 PM
I wonder if they've sold?

Yes, 701, 702 and 710 have been sold and were due to depart Tuggeranong Depot today for Tasmania.

Bus 400

I wonder who bought them & how many more they bought.

Buzz Killington

Courtesy 'wisbydriverB40' on Bus Australia:

All three are heading to Wisby's school bus service in Hobart. After they arrive they are going to be repainted white (possibly with an orange and yellow stripe).

I think 2 are going in service with one as a spare or for parts.. Unsure at this stage till they get back here. Will post pics when they are resprayed.

Should look pretty nice in white with the orange/yellow stripes.

Bus 400

A photo of one of their artics that was taken by a forum member (I forget his name, but was from Finland) can be found at http://busglobe.com/picture/6133

smitho

712 was being worked on in Tuggy Workshop today.