[DM] JR Yokosuka Line overshoots Shimbashi Station by 230 meters

Started by Sir Pompously, March 02, 2008, 06:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

JR Yokosuka Line overshoots Shimbashi Station by 230 meters

A JR Yokosuka Line train overran a railway station platform in Tokyo by 230 meters Saturday morning, East Japan Railway Co. (JR East) officials said.

The train driver told bosses that he was desperate to make up for a delay. "My train was behind schedule. I was thinking about making up for the delay and slow in applying the brakes," he was quoted as saying.

At around 9:40 a.m., the 15-carriage local train bound for Chiba from Zushi failed to stop at Shimbashi Station in Minato-ku, Tokyo, JR East officials said. A station worker noticed the trouble and activated an alarm.

The driver applied the emergency brakes and stopped the train about 230 meters beyond the end of the platform, then went back to the station. The train eventually left Shimbashi Station 12 minutes behind schedule.

The incident delayed two following trains, affecting about 1,600 passengers, JR East officials said.

Source: http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20080301p2a00m0na017000c.html

Irisbus Rider

Sir Pompously

Actually John, this shows the Japanese (Unlike Australia) Care about their rail, and when a problem such as this happens it is not taken well within the community. Although with Substandard rail here in Australia compared to Japan where we don't care, I suppose people do not understand that this in Japan is considered news as it is actually a big deal. It is not on. 'Get Real John' :P.

Irisbus Rider

Bloody loosen up, someone made a mistake, boo hoo, live with it, life goes on.
Gees, the Japs seem so bloody tight...

Buzz Killington

shall we say handbags at ten paces, tomorrow at dawn, ladies?

in other words, quit yer bitchin'

Sir Pompously

I will loosen you up John, and although I missed tomorrow at dawn I can do tomorrow at around 12, although I may need lunch. Oh boo hoo, they made an article because they actually care, whinge bitch complain have nothing better to do slaps with handbag wahhhhhhh. :P

Busnerd

Irisbus Rider

And getting excited by raped, then suing ACTION.....Ha!
.........No, wait, that was me :P

Yeah, I know Todd, I shall be a bit more thoughtful in the future...