Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 19, 2011, 09:48:08 PM
The registration for Buses 823, 829, 830, 831 & 869 have not been renewed for the next 12 months.

More significantly, 869 is reporting as Currently Unregistered. Cannot understand why it was withdrawn if it is not being used for training unless there was a major mechanical fault with it.

Barry Drive

Bus 868 has been moved to Woden Depot. So it has been withdrawn after all.

Quote from: Metrobus on August 18, 2011, 08:20:26 PM
825 and 826 are now at T depot however.
Unless I get some information to the contrary, 825, 826 and 827 (at Belconnen) will be treated as having been sold/disposed. 827 has had plates and ACTION logos removed and I assume the same has occurred to 825 & 826.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 14, 2011, 03:38:32 PM
Anyone know where 752 has gotten to?
752 is also at Woden Depot.

There were 4 missing based on known withdrawals - but I was unable to see 2 fleet numbers. Those that I'm unsure about are: 756 768 780 785 795 & 869. Of those, 780 785 & 869 are unregistered, so they may have been disposed.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 27, 2011, 04:16:22 PM
752 is also at Woden Depot.

752 wasn't at Woden Depot when I did last 'stocktake' around mid-August....may be it was sent away and has since come back?

Barry Drive

829 was withdrawn from service on Monday (29 Aug).

Rego check still shows 823, 830 and 831 as expiring tomorrow. Hope they don't get picked up by RAPID.

Barry Drive

830 & 831 now parked at back of Belconnen workshops. Which presumably means 823 also withdrawn today.

belcodriver

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 31, 2011, 09:11:34 PM
830 & 831 now parked at back of Belconnen workshops. Which presumably means 823 also withdrawn today.

I saw 830 parked in someone's driveway the other day.

Snorzac

I am lead to believe it is now a garden shed...

Merv319

2 towies were going northbound on Northbourne this morning, about 8am...towing Mk1s (787 and 783?)

Bus 400

Another took 760 this evening, as earlier reported on Twitter (by me). It is being hauled by Parramatta Heavy Haulage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Quote from: Merv319 on September 06, 2011, 05:43:13 PM
2 towies were going northbound on Northbourne this morning, about 8am...towing Mk1s (787 and 783?)
Unlikely that it was either of those two fleet numbers. 787 has already been driven to Perth and 783 was re-registered for 12 months and was recently seen being used as a trainer.

Possibly 763, 777 ???

Bus 400

Here are a few snaps I managed to get of Bus 760 being hauled away.

Busnerd

Barry Drive

Latest report (via 2CC's Mark Parton) is that 18 buses are headed for Sydney. That's the entire contingent at Woden Depot.

Busnerd

How goes the quest re: 835

King of Buses

According to my uncle, 802 now serves as a home for some aboriginals in the middle of the Nullabor Plains. It was apparently black. (because it burnt out). :rim:

Bus 400

Adam's Coachlines had reported on Facebook that Bus 802 did die along the way & wouldn't start. Being a day or two drive away from Perth, that would of been annoying for Adam's mechanics to turn up to a burnt bus.

Only Buses 754,758,764,779,799 are left in the old shed at Woden. Bus 754 has had its outside rear wheels removed. Bus 777 & an unknown bus have been put aside, possibly for delivery tomorrow.

I wonder where exactly these buses are going Bus 777 has been de-ACTIONised & if they are being scrapped, while go to the effort of removing (now defunct) ACTION logo's.

Merv319

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 06, 2011, 06:33:12 PM
Unlikely that it was either of those two fleet numbers. 787 has already been driven to Perth and 783 was re-registered for 12 months and was recently seen being used as a trainer.

Possibly 763, 777 ???

Thx for details. Are those towies likely to go in the mornings? If so, I can go take a photo on Northbourne...

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busn00b on September 07, 2011, 08:27:58 AM
How goes the quest re: 835
Not 100% sure, but it looks like 835 is not available for purchase (already allocated).

Snorzac

Try 808 then, or 842, it goes really well and has an ISRI air ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simes

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 07, 2011, 07:23:24 AM
Latest report (via 2CC's Mark Parton) is that 18 buses are headed for Sydney. That's the entire contingent at Woden Depot.

Any way of finding out who has got them?
Quote from: Metrobus on September 09, 2011, 10:30:16 PM
Try 808 then, or 842, it goes really well and has an ISRI air ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
808 - has the blue skirt alot easier to integrate into another scheme than orange :P

Barry Drive

While not yet confirmed as withdrawn, Bus 832 was parked at the rear of the Belconnen workshops last night.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Simes on September 14, 2011, 12:20:28 PM
Any way of finding out who has got them?
Not at this stage. Speculation is that they have been sold to be stripped for parts. So someone such as T & I Engines might have bought them.

Any chance of checking their yard for new arrivals?

Buzz Killington

ACTBusspotter reports that 835 has been withdrawn :(

Bus 400

I suspect a Tuggeranong MkII may of been withdrawn for driver training as 94* was sitting on the grass near the tennis court over the weekend. Then early in the week, a MkII was sitting with 783, another MkI near Tuggeranong bricks/Dennis Darts. It may be for some less fortunate reason, but it looks too Sussex.

Buzz Killington

When I went past Woden tonight the three remaining Renaults were not where they have been parked - not sure if they have moved elsewhere within Woden or have left it altogether.

smitho

They were there earlier today, but had been moved about - one has been on an angle to the shed for a few days and appeared to be mainly outside in the weather at the front of the shed.

The Love Guru

They were all gone this evening.

Snorzac

799 is getting stripped at T, not sure where the other two have ended up though.

Bus 400

ACTION's About Us page has been updated to include information on disposals. The disposals until June 2012 have been allocated to a buyer/ACTION scrap metal. The next round of disposals up for sale is July 2013 (I suspect this is meant to be 2012).

smitho

That 'July 2013' reference may be correct....with imminent recommissioning of WTD as an operational commuter bus depot, the fleet managers will be needing to build up fleet numbers to accommodate Woden's needs...

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on September 27, 2011, 12:44:26 AM
That 'July 2013' reference may be correct....with imminent recommissioning of WTD as an operational commuter bus depot, the fleet managers will be needing to build up fleet numbers to accommodate Woden's needs...
The re-opening of Woden will not increase fleet numbers (at first). Fleet numbers are unlikely to increase until at least 2013, otherwise the DDA requirements won't be met.

The next batch of MANs will arrive between October 2011 and May 2012 - so the retirement of PR100.2s will continue until June 2012. After that the next buses to be delievered will be the artic replacements.

So it sounds like there will be a tender in May/June/July next year for new rigid buses to be delivered in 2013.

Barry Drive

836 now removed from service.

Fleetwiki updated for all disposed buses. However, fate of 781 and 823 still uncertain. Can someone please advise whether these buses are still at Tuggeranong Depot - 781 presumed to be a trainer, 823 presumed to have been withdrawn/sold.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 27, 2011, 11:48:03 AM
So it sounds like there will be a tender in May/June/July next year for new rigid buses to be delivered in 2013.

hopefully they get CB80's! :)

AOQ951

Over the last few days I've managed to check out both of the T&I Engines yards in Homebush Bay and Rutherford and also Top Dollar Wreckers in Padstow, no Renaults. :( Can anyone possible ask within ACTION for a clue??

Cheers
AOQ951

Simes

Could either be Sims or Sell & Parker

Buzz Killington

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 28, 2011, 01:40:21 PM
However, fate of 781 and 823 still uncertain. Can someone please advise whether these buses are still at Tuggeranong Depot - 781 presumed to be a trainer, 823 presumed to have been withdrawn/sold.

Could be the two out next to Southcare on the Monaro Hwy?

Bus 400

I'll try to see what I can on Saturday, otherwise there is the ACT Rural Fire Service Open Day next Saturday at the new helipad. Details can be found at http://esa.act.gov.au/actrfs/get-involved/come-to-an-rfs-event/actrfs-open-day/

Snorzac

From the ads on them I am going guess that 765 is one of them.

Also since the other topic is locked:
It would be safe to say all of the buses at Woden were taken by trucks to an unknown location in Sydney this includes 868 and 869

823-Scrapped at T (Source: Ed)
795-Almost certain that's at ESA
781-No Longer at T, ESA??
780-No longer at T
793-Supposedly went to Perth

Myself and another member did a visit to TISC about a month ago and there was no sign of any ACTION bus, certainly doesn't mean there definently isn't one there, but...

Kramden

Quote from: Metrobus on October 13, 2011, 10:50:16 PM
780-No longer at T

780: the first bus I ever drove on the TISC test track back in May... sob, sob and farewell wherever you are.

With all this scrapping going on I have a question.  Why are the Mk Is sold with their desto/number rolls intact?  I'd have thought ACTION might want to keep them as replacements for Mk Is that remain in service.  Being astute watchers of buses you'd all be aware some Mk Is have quite dodgy number rolls that are faded or dirty which makes them difficult to read. Worse: some of them are torn or 'scrunched up', particularly on the side number boxes.

Bus 400

I also wonder why the security camera 's were left in the buses? Unlike the desto rolls, these camera's could of been used on other buses.

Buzz Killington

they could've raised a decent amount of scratch selling the cameras and rolls on eBay

Barry Drive

Bus 400 has reported via Twitter that 754 & 755 are the two buses at the ACT ESA Training Centre.

Simes

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 14, 2011, 06:25:07 AM
I also wonder why the security camera 's were left in the buses? Unlike the desto rolls, these camera's could of been used on other buses.
Are the ones in the Renaults relatively new colour recording, hooked up to a hard drive? I recall when the STA installed the new system in everything - then whatever was withdrawn had the old single camera to a video system just left inside

As for numbers - I guess it depends on whose decommissioning the vehicle and how much time they're given to do it

Kramden

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 28, 2011, 01:40:21 PM
836 now removed from service.

I the past week or so I've noticed 836 and 837 sitting side-by-side and 'plateless' at the car park end of the workshops at B depot.  Poor dears just laying there like a couple of old dogs that have seen better days.

Snorzac

838 is reported to have been withdrawn although it may have been used this morning during the bus shortage that saw a Rosa used on a route 2.

King of Buses

Quote from: Metrobus on October 19, 2011, 02:50:08 PM
a Rosa used on a route 2.

Trust ACTION to do that! >:D
they got heaps of Renaults at Woden, use some to combat the shortages!

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on October 21, 2011, 11:10:19 AM
they got heaps of Renaults at Woden, use some to combat the shortages!
Not anymore.

Barry Drive

803 appears to be the latest withdrawal.

Bus 400

Quote from: Metrobus on October 19, 2011, 02:50:08 PM
838 is reported to have been withdrawn although it may have been used this morning during the bus shortage

I have found out that it was, Bus 838's last run was a 7 from City to Belconnen that finished around lunch time on Wednesday.

smitho

When I last checked about a week ago, the only 700 series standard buses left at Tuggy were the training bus and 799, the bus which has been sitting on the bricks for some weeks while being stripped. All the obvious things went some weeks ago; about half the seats remain.

Went to collect a Mark 2 off the back fence yesterday to do my afternoon runs - but there was a notice inside instructing drivers not to remove the bus as it was needed for training purposes...can't remember the bus number.