Would it be possible to travel on all routes in one day?

Started by route56, August 07, 2011, 08:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

How many ACTION routes are there, and would it be possible to travel on all routes in one day?
:bonk:

Snorzac

You could most likely do all of them with the exception of the Expressos, you would have to start on the first service and finish on the last though.

Maxious

Travelling each unique route number one way, start to end, and not including 700s, 900s, 170 or school services (59 route numbers) would take about 37 hours and 23 minutes. Check my math @ http://pastebin.com/76WhrJAt

It's just one set of rules; for example I considered 23/24 different routes but grouped 65 with 265. Also it's likely that on some routes first services wouldn't be complete start to finish but cheating in that respect didn't help the practicality.

Bus 400

Unless you have help from the bus driver or someone else, you may have to give the 88 a miss as no services connect without long waits.

jasp3r

It would be interesting to see how long it would actually take to do it. As long as the person didn't mind spending quite a bit of time waiting, or being stranded in the early hours of the morning.

route56

Quote from: Maxious on August 07, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
Travelling each unique route number one way, start to end, and not including 700s, 900s, 170 or school services (59 route numbers) would take about 37 hours and 23 minutes. Check my math @ http://pastebin.com/76WhrJAt

It's just one set of rules; for example I considered 23/24 different routes but grouped 65 with 265. Also it's likely that on some routes first services wouldn't be complete start to finish but cheating in that respect didn't help the practicality.

Impressive Maxious.

King of Buses

You could go on every route, just not all the way (excluding 88, 170, School Runs and Xpressos)

Buzz Killington

170 could easily be factored in given it travels along the intertown.