506 maiden voyage

Started by Buzz Killington, August 23, 2012, 07:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

506 will be operating a shuttle to the NRL game tomorrow night.

Bonnerbus

Is that really a good way for a new bus to enter service? Surely you would use the older busses for such a low brow event?

Bus 400

The only concern I have is the riot that the Bulldog supporters will cause when the Raiders break their 12 game winning streak.

Buzz Killington

May have to be withdrawn for de-urination

Bidgee

Will be in Canberra later today, so I'll head down to the City Bus Station and wait for it. ;D Going to be dark but taking the tripod with me.  :-[

ajw373

Quote from: Bidgee on August 24, 2012, 08:15:17 AM
Will be in Canberra later today, so I'll head down to the City Bus Station and wait for it. ;D Going to be dark but taking the tripod with me.  :-[

You would be better off waiting at the stadium as the Raiders buses come from several locations over Canberra and don't think anyone has said which route it will be operating.

Bidgee

I'm taking a risk. ;) Will keep an eye on the forum and twitter as I may head to Canberra Stadium.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bonnerbus on August 23, 2012, 09:44:59 PM
Is that really a good way for a new bus to enter service? Surely you would use the older busses for such a low brow event?
Actually, it's a good move. Since artics are out doing peak services, they sometimes struggle to get the buses back to the depot in time. Using 506 gives them an extra bus.

Quote from: Bidgee on August 24, 2012, 08:15:17 AM
506 is currently at Belconnen Depot. The Tugg/Woden/City services are run by Tugg depot buses, so it's highly unlikely to turn up there. It will probably be used on a club service from Belconnen.

Bidgee

Cheers for the tip ACTbusspotter! I'm assuming the drop off point at Canberra Stadium is still Masterman St?

Bonnerbus

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 24, 2012, 10:20:18 AM
Actually, it's a good move. Since artics are out doing peak services, they sometimes struggle to get the buses back to the depot in time. Using 506 gives them an extra bus.
506 is currently at Belconnen Depot.

Surely then it would make a HEAP more sence to put 506 on a revenue run than one full of bogan league supporters? Let see who can vandal it first hey?

Barry Drive

Eastern stand entrance - yes Masterman St.

Bidgee

506 is doing the Raiders Club charter. Got some photos but will need to look at them when I get back to the hotel.

Barry Drive

For those who were concerned, 506 survived her maiden voyage unscathed. No damage, no graffiti.

Bidgee

Didn't get it in "service" but parked in Masterman St. Not to happy with how the photos came out but here are two photos that I'm ok with.

Buzz Killington

ACTbusspotter reports the maiden revenue service for 506 was a 58 from Giralang to the City at 0622 today