991 - Callam St
7 (70%)
304 - Commonwealth Ave
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 01, 2018, 10:31:57 AM

Barry Drive

Submissions are open for Photo of the Month. And here's the rules:

The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net website and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner(s)-up will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery and Facebook page.

• two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before
  • photos must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
  • photos must be have taken legally - ACT Bus does not encourage or condone trespassing

• submitted photographs must prominently feature:
    • public transport infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot, Light Rail line, tram depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
    and/or
    • a bus or tram from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
      • the vehicle is in focus
      • the fleet or registration number is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
  • photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted

If possible, please supply date or month of photo.

Refer here for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.

Photos can be submitted four ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by tweeting to @actbus (4) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.

Unhosted photos may be uploaded into the ACT Bus Gallery which will apply a watermark. Requests to remove the watermark will not be considered.

*This month we are seeking photos which include an iconic Canberra sight in the background #. If you submit a photo (or two) meeting this criterion, you may post up to three photos but you may only submit a maximum of 2 photos at any particular location.

To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].

Submissions close midnight 27 May, Australian Eastern standard Time.

Voting will commence on 28 May. Voting will close on 1 June.

# fairly broad scope for this - examples include Telstra Tower, Parliament House, War Memorial, the Captain Cook Jet and the Belconnen Owl.

Sylvan Loves Buses

My two entries this month:

589 at Cohen Station setdown

and 928 resting in the depot around the corner

Both taken Friday 18th May

Note to admin: as usual, photos taken of within the depot were taken from outside the fence with the lense through the wire

King of Buses

Two Gungahlin photos from me this month...

445 lays over at sunset on The Valley Ave, Gungahlin, before starting a route 956 to the City.

639 turns around at Efkarpidis St before operating a route 52.

A third photo may or may not be added at a later date.

Barry Drive

To boost the numbers a bit:

Bus 390 about to depart BCBS without its recent AOA (25 May 2018)

Bus 419 departing CSBS (2 Apr 2018)

Reminder: entries close midnight tomorrow (Sunday).

Sir Pompously

To bulk up the entries this month I have another one from the archives, sadly none from this month as I haven't been out and about.

BUS-991 (Renault PR100.3CNG) in AGL AOA outside Woden Interchange in 2007

Snorzac

Gone back into the archives this month like Todd-

304 by Zac Mathes, on Flickr

BUS-304 is seen on Commonwealth Ave on a route 900 with Parliament House in the background

Swagman

As a relative newcomer to the Board can I ask how you vote on this? I've read all the Blurb from Barry D but there's no mention of how to vote - sorry to sound dumb but if anyone can point me to the voting section I'll be happy to vote 

Barry Drive

After a slight delay, voting has now commenced. You can choose up to 3 photos.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Swagman on May 28, 2018, 10:25:01 AM
As a relative newcomer to the Board can I ask how you vote on this? I've read all the Blurb from Barry D but there's no mention of how to vote - sorry to sound dumb but if anyone can point me to the voting section I'll be happy to vote 

Nominations occur first. The poll is added about a week out from the end of each month, so you should now be able to vote in the poll at the to of the page.

Barry Drive

Indeed he did.

The "Canberra Sights" bonus category may return (if/when I run out of ideas). But with some new vehicles expected (or at least possible) during June, the bonus category for July will consist of any of the following:

• a Canberra Metro tram undergoing testing (for once, fleet number won't need to be supplied if it isn't visible)
  • Bus 711 in service
  • a new Volgren Optimus rigid bus in service (652, 653, 654 are delivered)