Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euronymous

The LHR wheel assembly had a mindah moment.

Snorzac

A bus full of students had their first or second day back at school spoiled today when BUS 988 ran into the back of a ute at the round about where William Slim Drive and the Barton Highway meet this afternoon while operating the school run. The bus sustained some pretty major damage and the driver was injured, not sure about the occupants of the ute. Won't be seeing 988 for a while.

In other news there has been a huge amount of rock throwing attacks in the past few days including one where a passenger was taken to hospital with head injuries. No one has been caught yet, I'm guessing if anyone knows anything about the attacks call the police, probably crime stoppers.

euronymous

Who throws a rock (or any projectile for that matter) at a bus? What does it achieve? All it does is make work for a panelbeater. Those people should b put against a wall and shot, in my opinion. Wastes of oxygen.

Is there any further info on the incident with 988? I bet the brakes failed...

Barry Drive

I've not heard anything officially about 988 (and wouldn't reveal it if I had). But in general let me say this: it is not a good idea to cut in front of a bus (especially a loaded articulated school bus) at an intersection (or anywhere for that matter) and then expect the bus to be able to stop without hitting you.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King Long on February 03, 2010, 08:53:13 PM
A bus full of students had their first or second day back at school spoiled today when BUS 988 ran into the back of a ute at the round about where William Slim Drive and the Barton Highway meet this afternoon while operating the school run. The bus sustained some pretty major damage and the driver was injured, not sure about the occupants of the ute. Won't be seeing 988 for a while.

In other news there has been a huge amount of rock throwing attacks in the past few days including one where a passenger was taken to hospital with head injuries. No one has been caught yet, I'm guessing if anyone knows anything about the attacks call the police, probably crime stoppers.

Not good news on either count. I hope the driver of 988 is okay.

A call went out on the bus radio yesterday arvo around 1530 saying that there was somebody throwing rocks at buses from the underpass near Red Rooster in Wanniassa. Absolutely moronic behaviour and I hope those responsible are caught.

Snorzac

twice in 10 minutes in the same place. A certain driver got stuck up the radio room for not sending the supervisors there to deter them and protect drivers, and the general public from those stupid morons.

Busnerd

This should be taken very seriously by drivers and reported by drivers - radio room to police immediately to ensure these people are caught and locked up, that will take the smile off their face, as the next bus they see will be the 82 through the fence of the bimberi centre

Snorzac

Ed reports that 153 has completely shat itself at Weston Creek terminus

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

As mentioned on twitter, 988 has been repaired. It went back into service today.

Snorzac

As mentioned on twitter 306 has returned to service. 322 brew a turbo today as some drivers (Ed) and a mechanic found out after copping a face full of smoke.

Snorzac

Deja Vu, Ed has broken down in a dart at Weston Creek again, this time 146, same problem though, flat battery

Buzz Killington

can somebody nip down to woolies and get him a pack? these are the ones the darts use IIRC:

Snorzac

121 was sighted back in service yesterday, once again not really minor.

I believe 961/962 had an accident on Kingsford Smith Drive this morning, no visible damage from my viewpoint at least 100m away. There was a Police car behind it with the lights on so I assume it was an accident

Snorzac

403 had some issue today. Looked like the rear LHS airbag had completely ran out of air. 

Snorzac

873 died on Mugga Way today while operating s/r 823. It was towed back to the depot arriving just after 6pm, that would have been a long trip back to Belconnen

Bus 400

The brake system failed on Bus 384 this afternoon. I was informed by the driver that all the way from the City on a 942 the buses computer was running tests. Then at stop 1 at Jamison Shops, with the doors open the bus started to roll forward. When the driver stopped at Stop 2 Jamison Shops, the doors wouldn't close & when they did the bus wouldn't move. After contact with radio room, workshop was called & the passengers were ferried onto the Supervisor Van.

Apparently the fault could of been that the bus computer wasn't registering with the doors.

The Love Guru

Please report accurately. From your description it is not a brake system failure, seems to be a door cuircuit failure. If you are going to mention brake failures, ensure your information is 100% accurate and that the brakes have actually had issues, rather than dramatising things as you have done here.

Bus 400

Everyone in the bus heard* that the radio room told the driver not to risk it with the brakes & to terminate the run. A chat with the driver we got to the door circuit failure.

I was up on the back seats & the driver said to everyone "did you hear that?" then we all got up

Bus 400

I have no idea what was going on, but at the Callam Street Skyplaza stop, bus 932 was up on the footpath & Bus 100 was being attended to by workshop & some sort of sticks appearing to hold the rear up, but no real idea as I only got a quick glimpse. A traffic control ute was also there & the whole stop was witches hatted off.

Buzz Killington

There was a Scania broken down on Yarra Glen southbound yesterday arvo. 368 stopped behind it to pick up the passengers.

Snorzac

135 stopped in the turning lane from Coulter Drive into Nettlefold st this morning in the middle of peak hour. Luckily it was been followed by the breakdown van already, it was in the workshop layover when I went back that way about 10 minutes later.

FUCKING DARTS!!!!!

blackdragon

710 died in the left lane of the parkway (just after the lady denman drive off ramp) this afternoon/evening. It was being attended to by a maintenance ute, though caused traffic chaos back up caswell drive.

Bus 400

What time (round a bout) did Bus 710 die? But by the sounds of it I made the right decision to go home via the City this afternoon as I missed the big back log & saw 405.

Snorzac

375 had a computer malfunction with Ed behind the wheel which deactivated the short stop and allowed him to drive with the doors open.

Bus 400

That would of been the same thing that I saw with Bus 384 a few weeks back.

Busnerd

What would it have to do with short stop, wouldn't it just be a problem with the interlock, I'm not sure if actions are the same but punchbowl/Shorelink etc have a switch in the panel above the doors, comes in handy for turning it off :)

The Love Guru

Quote from: Busn00b on March 24, 2010, 04:47:59 AM
What would it have to do with short stop, wouldn't it just be a problem with the interlock, I'm not sure if actions are the same but punchbowl/Shorelink etc have a switch in the panel above the doors, comes in handy for turning it off :)

Which you will find is ILLEGAL and a sackable offence, not to mention gaol time if you have an accident and hurt someone. Is not having the interlock on really worth your livelyhood?? MOT will have no hesitation in cancelling your authority for a lengthy period for such negligent behaviour.

Busnerd

Now that you've served me up remember that I'm not actually an authorised driver...

I am just saying these companies have the interlock switches there and that all punchbowl scanias have it turned off permanently

The Love Guru

Well you are now suitably informed........

Its not worth your job to tamper with the buses safety system no matter how easy it may be. At the end of the day, should an incident occur that would result in bad publicity for the company, they will look for any excuse to hang you out to dry. We all agree that front door interlocks are a pain in the ass and not required, however some nuff in an office who doesn't know what a bus looks like has decided its the best thing for safety (not sure who's safety tho)

blackdragon

Quote from: Bus 400 on March 23, 2010, 09:34:35 PM
What time (round a bout) did Bus 710 die? But by the sounds of it I made the right decision to go home via the City this afternoon as I missed the big back log & saw 405.

It would have been around 6pm. The bus didn't look like it had passengers, either it had been there a while or returning to depot.

Snorzac

The call went over the radio at about 1730

blackdragon

There was a PR100.2 Mk1 being assisted along the Parkway (towards Belconnen) by a maintenance truck yesterday about 6.15pm. Didn't catch a bus number as I was going in the opposite but it had route 17 on its desto.

Buzz Killington

I spotted a mk2 on tow down Isabella Dr this morning, probably around 8.45am. Was too far away to see what it was.

Snorzac

395 is out of the workshops after a 2 week stay, it has now been replaced by 394, before it 390 was there for a week. I think I may have reported it but 403 was involved in an accident on Friday.

Buzz Killington

Doesn't sound like they're having much luck with those nice new buses..

Barry Drive

I think they are upgrading something on the early MANs. I overheard something at the 464 launch, but don't know what it was about.

lukeo25

Snorzac

309 is currently sitting at Cameron Ave with what looks like a full electrical failure

Bus 400

The breakdown van was sitting in Woden Interchange this afternoon, but no bus was near by at the time.

Bus 400

Bus 306 broke down on Adelaide Avenue just past the Hopetourn Circuit down ramp this afternoon while on a 900 to Belconnen.

Snorzac

865 died on Lathlain st this morning whilst 301 died at Cameron ave and an unknown Scania died at Cohen st. All at the same time I might add.

Snorzac

Quote from: EdBroke down again, piece of shit 147

Bus 400

Bus 373 broke down on Drakeford Drive just past Kambah Village. Then the mechanic got stuck in the bark on the median strip. Last I saw he was revving the guts out of the truck & what smelt like tyre smoke was drifting over in clouds over Kambah Village.

Bus 400

Bus 335 is in for some front end damage:

The Love Guru

403 was sighted in B depot minus its rear window.

Bus 400

Bus 339 died on the ramp City East bound ramp from Commonwealth Avenue to London Circuit. It has just about blocked by the whole lane. The mechanic was working on the fuses. The bus was still there when I went past over an hour later, with Police assisting the City Supervisors on traffic duties.