Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

Wheel covers tend to go missing every now and then, and get replaced relatively quickly.
So I'm unable to give a definite answer to your question.

smitho

Saw 303 yesterday at northbound Athllon Drive Southlands stop at around 1440 - with Belco Depot breakdown crew apparently applying first aid and preparing to tow the disgraced vehicle back to The Dark Side.

The Love Guru

I didn't realise 303 had been transferred to T

Bus 400

The Scania's have returned to the bright side of town (Tuggeranong). But 755 has Buses 758, 856 & 888 really close by (more possible withdrawals?)

Snorzac

currently on 704 which is having a few issues. it keeps stalling

p_stampy

Spotto'd 305 being "workshop test something something" around 810 this morning at belco

Bus 400

Bus 37(3) has just arrived at Tuggeranong Depot with the help of the toe truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snorzac

blackdragon

310 sounds like it has a budgie stuck in its engine when sitting idling. But that could be normal for the irisbuses..

Snorzac

Normal for 310, it's farked.

406 has a sign covering the info screen saying update in progress, one would assume they are updating the fares.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on July 01, 2010, 07:59:24 AM
406 has a sign covering the info screen saying update in progress, one would assume they are updating the fares.
All of the info screens have been covered up, pending completion of the update.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 30, 2010, 05:18:56 PM
Bus 37(3) has just arrived at Tuggeranong Depot with the help of the toe truck.

Obviously the foot truck was otherwise occupied.

Snorzac

873 died in the City Interchange this afternoon

Bus 400

Bus 378 was parked on Northbourne Avenue (Daramalan stop) with hazard lights on & a whole lot of passengers waiting at the back of the bus. It may of been a coincidence, but a camper van parked a few meters down the road. Didn't spot any damage to Bus 378

Snorzac

First 300s is BUS 866 this morning, i wonder if that has anything to do with half the iris fleet been in the workshops...

Bus 400

Nope, for the past 4-6 weeks the first 300 South has been a Renault PR100.2.

smitho

That 300 service is nearly always a Renault standard bus and has been the case for a long time; only exception I can recall was when the diesel MANs were new to Belconnen Depot and "The Hat" drove 390 on that service for a few days.

Bus 400

Bus 380 was followed back to Tuggeranong Depot by the Workshop van tonight. Bus 380 was crawling along at 40-50k's an hour with hazards flashing & sounded like it was reeving very high.

Bus 400

Bus 130 broke down on Brisbane Ave this morning.

smitho

Saw 991 being towed into Belco Depot (coming from the north) at around 1108 yesterday am...

CNG

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 12, 2010, 02:28:57 PM
Bus 130 broke down on Brisbane Ave this morning.

poor baby, 130 is one of my favourite buses because it is a .3a with a rack and a national seat

The Love Guru

I drove 991 yesterday AM, so wasn't anything major.

Barry Drive

There is an Irisbus (314?) at Belco workshops getting what appears to be some rear-end damage fixed. It's probably going to get a new bumper & engine cover.

The Love Guru

And hopefully a rear end full of LEDs like its sister 313. They actually look really good! I'd almost go as far to say they look better than the Hella ones.

Snorzac

Would have been an interesting night for the tow truck driver last night. According to 'MyWay' both 390 and 406 had to be towed from Tuggeranong with computer glitches last night

Barry Drive

390 may not have been computer-related. Reports were that the transmission would not engage - could be just a simple switch failure.

Bus 400

Bus 847 was on Athllon Drive near Southlands with the hazards on & the engine flap up.

Busnerd

Buzz Killington

Same deal with 843 on Adelaide Ave this arvo.

Bus 400

Bus 712 is just arriving at Tuggeranong Depot on the tow truck.

Bus 400

Bus 384 suffered a tiny scratch as it "attempted" to enter the already packed City West Layover & scrapped the metal fence. Only minor to the other scraps already on Bus 384.

Snorzac

973 had a minor accident in the City the other day, wouldn't be surprised if there was no damage at all.

395 has a nice big scratch in it, that will be going in for a respray, 390 is yet to re-enter service after it was towed a few weeks back, 351 was towed to Tuggeranong on Wednesday for assessment on the gas system.... that is about all I can think of.

Bus 400

Quote from: Metrobus351 was towed to Tuggeranong on Wednesday for assessment on the gas system.

Where had Bus 351 been?

Snorzac

I am assuming some sort of Police facility, it arrived at Belconnen some time last week

Bus 400

That would of been Belconnen compound lot or Weston Training thingy while the Coroner had a look over it.

Snorzac

Wasn't at the Belconnen one, they probably have a place in Fyshwick

p_stampy

127 was near albert hall? around 1145 today - back was open and an action van was behind it.

p_stampy

There was a .3 (I think) that look like it slid off adelaide ave around 4pm yesterday ?? heading north.

Bus 400

Buses 312 & 725 were parked on the side of the Tuggeranong Parkway (near the zoo) yesterday afternoon. As I went past Bus 312 was pulling out.

Bus 400

Bus 420 has suffered it's first damage after a bingle with a Volvo driver at the Phillip Pool stop on Melrose Drive.

Barry Drive

This might be old news, but 314 is back in service with a new engine cover (from the rear it looks the same as 301). Its old lights were put back on.

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on August 23, 2010, 01:29:23 PM
314 is back in service with a new engine cover (from the rear it looks the same as 301). Its old lights were put back on.

Here is the rear end of Bus 314, I read your post while I was on Bus 314.

After its bingle on Friday, Bus 420 is back in service & you would never know it was hit.

Buzz Killington

I think I prefer the way they've done the livery on the re-done Iris rears.

On a related note, how the hell does that livery match up on the left hand side? Look at the orange stripe above the window, which then starts again to the right of the window - how the hell do those two points match up? Are they meant to? Because the stripe would pretty much have to drop straight down to match up properly..

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 23, 2010, 07:28:37 PM
On a related note, how the hell does that livery match up on the left hand side? Look at the orange stripe above the window, which then starts again to the right of the window - how the hell do those two points match up? Are they meant to? Because the stripe would pretty much have to drop straight down to match up properly..

It looks like the 2009 spec may of fixed up that problem as the new MAN's:

Now those lines look like they match up. Having a look at my photos of the steer tag launch, the lines of Bus 464 appear to have the same issue as with Bis 314.

Also, Bus 300 broke down on Commonwealth Avenue right at the Commonwealth Park exit road.

Bus 400

Bus 832 has a new desto box, it is shorter then the older ones.

Snorzac

Quote from: Metrobus on July 31, 2010, 06:19:51 AM
Would have been an interesting night for the tow truck driver last night. According to 'MyWay' both 390 and 406 had to be towed from Tuggeranong with computer glitches last night
390 returned to service tonight after a long stint in the workshops.

Bus 400

390 was on Redex duty yesterday, driven by what appeared to be a regular contributor to this forum.

Snorzac

Ah okay, first time I have seen it back in service was when it drove past my house about 5 minutes ago, thanks for clearing that up Julian. Even so, it is a long stint off the road!