Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

you had 707 this morning, I passed it at Lathlain street. 140 was sighted returning to the depot on the back of the towtruck at about 3pm

Bus 400

Bus 322 blew out grey smoke this afternoon going through Belconnen, not quite sure what it could be from considering Bus 322 is a CNG bus.

Snorzac

LOL!!!!! It blew another turbo, did it a few months back, refer to reply 160 of this thread

smitho

Quote from: p_stampy on May 19, 2010, 08:11:20 PM
The 16 in the morning that goes past latham shops at 720... that has been a dart for probably a year now. I have no idea why, its always over full and runs like shit.

That's why I get the 650am bus which is an artic, so i can stretch out my short legs in comfort.
Yeah, that Dart operated 16 is a strange one, especially as it seems to be a Tuggeranong Depot run....my guess is that the next run in that shift is a Belconnen to Woden /southside school run or a direct Belconnen-Woden Xpresso.

CNG

Quote from: Sir Pompously on May 19, 2010, 04:20:18 PM
It doesn't mean they don't intend to retire buses soon though. Just because we have not seen them head over there now, does not mean we will not see some old Renaults move to Woden in the next few days, weeks or months. Better to take the machines out of the Darts for the MAN's, as when some Renaults are retired they are still going to be short of machines anyway.
The Renualts still have about 10 or 15 years left

blackdragon

I believe the retirement age for ACTION buses is 20 years, meaning the Mk1s from 700-860 odd are all past their use by dates, with the rest due in the next few years. The fleet would look a lot different if they kept the 12 years retirement age...

p_stampy

Bus 309 was stopped on coulter drive just before Nettlefold about half an hour ago.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: CNG on May 22, 2010, 10:58:37 PM
The Renualts still have about 10 or 15 years left

Not if ACTION intend to meet the Commonwealth Disability Discrimination target of 100% Accessible Buses by 2022.

Snorzac

Quote from: p_stampy on May 23, 2010, 11:43:04 AM
Bus 309 was stopped on coulter drive just before Nettlefold about half an hour ago.
Irisbus broken down, I never...

p_stampy

Quote from: Stacka on May 23, 2010, 01:41:08 PM
Irisbus broken down, I never...

hehehe. Yeh I was telling my bf about how shit they are after we saw it ;)

Bus 400

Bus 930 was being attended to by Workshop on Launceston Street, Phillip tonight.

Also not quite sure what as going on, but on the slip lane from Callam Street onto Hindmarsh Drive (eastbound), Bus 934 was half up on the island & other cars were turning left from the bus lane onto Hindmarsh Drive. This was just past a 3 car smash up on Callam Street & Corinna Street intersection so who knows?

CNG

Quote from: smitho on May 22, 2010, 07:33:17 PM
Yeah, that Dart operated 16 is a strange one, especially as it seems to be a Tuggeranong Depot run....my guess is that the next run in that shift is a Belconnen to Woden /southside school run or a direct Belconnen-Woden Xpresso.
How does the dart get to that side of town from tuggers at that time of morning, does it do a dead run or 300 to get to kippax

p_stampy

Quote from: CNG on May 25, 2010, 08:09:04 AM
How does the dart get to that side of town from tuggers at that time of morning, does it do a dead run or 300 to get to kippax

I don't know, but I think the 620am bus that goes past latham shops may also be a dart.

620am: dart
650: artic
720: dart
740: .2 (cranky arsed driver too)

I just go to work, I dont ask questions lol.

CNG

Yeah I know, I thought one of the drivers might be able to shed some light

Snorzac

Martin had is second visit from the tow truck today after 898 died in Kambah

Buzz Killington

Geez.. What is Belconnen doing to those lovely ex-Tuggeranong buses?

p_stampy

they're being emo and not realising they were on the bad side for so long  >:D

Bus 400

Or Bus 898 didn't want to go back to Belconnen, so it "became sick"in Kambah hoping it would be towed to Tuggeranong Depot.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: p_stampy on May 26, 2010, 07:20:44 PM
they're being emo and not realising they were on the bad side for so long  >:D

lol.. IIRC 898 along with 896, 897 and 899 thru to 903 came to Tuggeranong from Belco about 8 years ago before heading back there last year or so. For quite a while B had 880-894 and 896-915 with Tuggeranong only having 895.

p_stampy

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 26, 2010, 08:00:43 PM
lol.. IIRC 898 along with 896, 897 and 899 thru to 903 came to Tuggeranong from Belco about 8 years ago before heading back there last year or so. For quite a while B had 880-894 and 896-915 with Tuggeranong only having 895.

LOL

the move upset them ;)

CNG

The Love Guru

880-915 are orignal B buses and hence their real home is B depot. 870-879 are B wannabes.

The Love Guru

On a side note, original B .2s are

880-915, 926-934, 946-955, 961-969, 980-981

941 spent some time at B when in AIS livery when it was almost new (apparently due to complaints that the AIS never saw the bus, back then certain depots exclusively did certain runs with B doing the 431 thru AIS). These are the only 100.2s that B had as their original allocation (B never had a mk1 that wasn't a handmedown)

Am open to correction on the list but i'm pretty sure it is right.

Buzz Killington

That list seems fairly accurate to me, unless Woden ever had any .2s?

CNG

BUS 860 broke down on the 434 today on la perouse street, so I was late to school

The Love Guru

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 26, 2010, 10:29:28 PM
That list seems fairly accurate to me, unless Woden ever had any .2s?

I'm sure Woden had .2s, but i am 99.9% certain that the list i had is the B depot originals. I still remember the day that all the Mk1s came over from Kingston.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Chris_Guru on May 27, 2010, 09:35:13 PM
I'm sure Woden had .2s, but i am 99.9% certain that the list i had is the B depot originals. I still remember the day that all the Mk1s came over from Kingston.

Just checked the '94 Fleet and your list is accurate. The .2's at Woden were all moved to Tuggeranong.

http://actbus.net/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=360&Itemid=84

Irisbus Rider

306 was sighted on Southern Cross Dr, broken down. You just can't win with that bus, let alone, get anywhere!

Snorzac

the windscreen wiper fell off 991 whilst operating a 905, after a brief stop at an undisclosed location repairs were made by the driver and the route continued arriving at Cameron Ave 4 minutes ahead of time

Bus 400

Bus 360 broke down on Adelaide Avenue last night on a southbound 319 just near the Carruthers Street overpass. I don't know if it was to let the passengers off, but the front half of the bus was touching the ground.

Bus 400

Tuggeranong Depot must be short on buses as Bus 355 left the depot for a shift with the rear bumper & a part of the left side missing.

King of Buses

Maybe the driver didn't notice.
Also saw 310 with it's favourite desto at lanyon

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 02, 2010, 02:45:22 PM
Tuggeranong Depot must be short on buses as Bus 355 left the depot for a shift with the rear bumper & a part of the left side missing.

Reminds me of one day in high school, my arvo school bus showed up with two sections of a new ad on the right having been applied sometime that day, but the last piece was missing.

Next day the missing piece was on there. Thinking the ad person had maybe stepped away for the minute and my driver hadn't noticed what was going on and just took his bus

Barry Drive

What makes you so sure it was going out on a shift? (BTW, 355 is currently parked at Belco workshops.)

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on June 02, 2010, 05:23:15 PM
What makes you so sure it was going out on a shift? (BTW, 355 is currently parked at Belco workshops.)

It was a driver in uniform driving it, when a transfer would of been a orange & grey suited guy (workshop)

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 02, 2010, 08:13:22 PM
It was a driver in uniform driving it, when a transfer would of been a orange & grey suited guy (workshop)
Fair enough. In which case that means Tuggy depot had a spare driver who could take the bus to Belco rather than tie up a mechanic who (normally) have more important things to do than drive a bus across town.

Snorzac

345 is in for repairs at Belco. Has had repairs done but needs to be repainted, replacement of panels was right down the LHS side of the bus, it currently has an STA Blue corner. 

Bus 400

Bus 864 became stuck on the Belconnen Depot exit road. The driver spent 5+ minutes revving the engine with the bus occasionally lurching forward. Once all doors were opened twice, the bus got going. But the smoke smell could be smelt from Platform 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p_stampy

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 13, 2010, 04:09:41 PM
Bus 864 became stuck on the Belconnen Depot exit road. The driver spent 5+ minutes revving the engine with the bus occasionally lurching forward. Once all doors were opened twice, the bus got going. But the smoke smell could be smelt from Platform 2.

Was it actually stuck on something that was on the ground, or do you think it did not engage in a gear properly/something mechanical?

EDIT: Sorry re-reading - I guess it was mechanical  >:D

Bus 400

I suspect the system that doesn't let the bus drive with the back doors open wasn't registering the back doors were closed.

p_stampy

Yeh for sure..lol.. when I first read it, i imagined it was stuck on a rock or something *runs off giggling at that silly thought*

p_stampy

962 wasn't far out of cohen st heading towards coulter - stopped on the side of the road with its hazard lights on, with the driver trying to get the back doors to shut.

Snorzac

saw that. not sure what the problem was

p_stampy

Fair enough... well when I walked past it was that noise they make when the doors aren't closed.. it looked like he was going down to manual open/close the door, but the bell didnt stop?

I guess he was close enough to the depot to run over and select another bus at least.

Buzz Killington

I spotted 962 out in service tonight, so it must have been a quick fix.

Bus 400

Buses 334, 345 & 347 are at the back of Belconnnen Depot (with Buses 755 & 756).

One other Scania has had a few panels removed & is sitting at Tuggeranong Depot.

Bus 400

Here is a picture of the buses at the "Bone Yard/Nusery"at Belconnen Depot.

By the looks of it, the rear door on Bus 347 has been bent in down the bottom. Does anyone else agree with that?

Snorzac

I dare say a car ran into it around the rear door area, not sure why 334 is there but 345 had panel damage on the LHS of the bus

CNG

how long has 875 been missing its wheel cap?