Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

It has begun! 756 has had its Wayfarer and radio equipment removed. 755 is next in line.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MyWay on June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM
It has begun! 756 has had its Wayfarer and radio equipment removed. 755 is next in line.
:o  Oh no! Get your cameras out people, and start getting photos of buses which will soon be gone! When I get home, I'll check my portable hard drive (if it decides to work!) for any photos to farewell 756! (It's been a while since ACTION have sold a bus off, I'm not used to it lol)

Thanks very much for that info 'MyWay'. And yeah, withdrawing it on a friday afternoon makes sense, as now the radios/wayfarer can be changed when there is less demand for buses, the weekend.

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

Both of these buses still have their MyWay fittings, so they may only be temporarily withdrawn (to allow their equipment to be put in the new buses).

Bus 400

Maybe ACTION read a few suggestions on this forum & decided to follow on from that advice.

But that is only speculation following from what has happened previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: MyWay on June 18, 2010, 08:12:08 PM
Both of these buses still have their MyWay fittings, so they may only be temporarily withdrawn (to allow their equipment to be put in the new buses).
Yes, it doesn't seem to make much sense to install MyWay if the buses are to be withdrawn. I was on 755 a few weeks ago (on a Sunday from memory!) and compared to some of the other Renaults, it didn't seem too bad.

I know State Transit have shuffled around equipment before when it's needed. For a time, some Mercedes buses in Newcastle operated without any ticketing equipment, and the MAN Midi buses still only have one machine each instead of the standard two.

Irisbus Rider

A few older photos of 755 and 756, respectively;

756 out the front of the old Greater Union in City Interchange

This is the best I could do for 755, a rear end shot (one which, I'm sure, got many negative comments on ATDB back in the day!) also in the City.

Sir Pompously

The 75*'s, are they the ones with the high rear facing seat?

Irisbus Rider

76* and 77* as well IIRC. Somewhere in the 78* or just earlier, they lose this feature.

Sir Pompously

Thanks John. I can never remember which, as I don't seem to often get the older series vehicles.

Thanks for sharing the photos. My only shot of 755 is also rear-on, but blurred and out of focus and too bright and pretty much will never see the light of day (damn you mobile phone camera!!!).

Buzz Killington

I recall being on 773 a while back and that had the higher backwards-facing seat.

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on June 19, 2010, 10:56:35 AM
A few older photos of 755 and 756, respectively;

You realise when you say 'respectively', you're meant to have them in that order?

Irisbus Rider

Oops! Well, you live, you learn. I'll know for next time, thanks ;)

Buzz Killington

CNG

I sometimes get 854 on my afternoon school bus quite frequently, by the way how many are they selling? It is really sad to be seeing these great buses and they will be missed by the forum and the action drivers, inwhich I am sure a couple could agree on. This is the loss of some great buses and I will loathe not catching these buses on cold winter mornings.

Irisbus Rider

The exact number is not known at this stage, but it could be assumed that approx. 20 buses will be sold in the coming months.

Barry Drive

Quote from: CNG on June 20, 2010, 08:43:36 AM
by the way how many are they selling?

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on June 20, 2010, 10:44:16 AM
The exact number is not known at this stage, but it could be assumed that approx. 20 buses will be sold in the coming months.

It has not been established yet that ANY buses are being sold (or otherwise disposed of). All that is known for certain is that two buses have had their equipment removed for use on new buses.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MyWay on June 20, 2010, 11:52:52 AM
It has not been established yet that ANY buses are being sold (or otherwise disposed of). All that is known for certain is that two buses have had their equipment removed for use on new buses.
Now there's a excellent point. Yeah, I definately was getting ahead of myself there, thanks for the clarification.

Bus 400

I would of thought that Bus 752 & 754 would of been the first to have ticket equipment removed, since they are the training buses & training on the new equipment would start soon anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 20, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
I would of (sic) thought that Bus 752 & 754 would of (sic) been the first to have ticket equipment removed, since they are the training buses
How do you know they haven't? Word is that 754 is a permanent trainer again. In which case while it might not need a ticketing system, it must still have a radio fitted (in case of break-downs, accidents, etc.).

Barry Drive

755 has had its radio equipment removed, but has not yet been moved to Woden. 758 has been taken out of the sheds and its ticket equipment removed.

Metrobus reports (via twitter) that 760 might also have been withdrawn, but I can't confirm this.

Snorzac

I can tell you that I was wrong, it turned out to be 853, that is still in service, just a bit of damage to be repaired

I got a shot of 758 last Monday - I saw it in the distance and wondered if I should wait for it to pass...glad I did now  ;D

Snorzac

I'm glad I got mine as well, not sure if I posted it, got one of it leaving the depot

Here's mine from Dickson - Cowper St:

CNG

Buzz Killington

ACTION have told us that the retirement of the "oldest" Renault PR100.2's is "projected to commence" during the second half of this year.

They cite Redex as being the reason for no withdrawals so far this year, as it would have put too much strain on the fleet.

smitho

That's consistent with what I've heard...

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 29, 2010, 07:03:40 PM
ACTION have told us that the retirement of the "oldest" Renault PR100.2's is "projected to commence" during the second half of this year.
Which suggests that the withdrawal of 755, 756 and 758 are permanent.

King of Buses

Quote from: MyWay on June 28, 2010, 06:30:40 PM
Metrobus reports (via twitter) that 760 might also have been withdrawn, but I can't confirm this.

I Doubt 760 Because I got it afew weeks ago and it seemed really good so why would they get rid of it.
Really good against the 75# and other 76#

Snorzac

760 is farked, went on it some time in the past, it isn't the worst but it won''t last long...

755 and 756 are back at Belconnen

Barry Drive

755 never left.

particleman

This may sound ignorant and stupid, but what is the difference between the older and newer Mk1s? I've heard something about the rear seats, and I know that the older ones had a white rear panel, where the later ones had blue instead.

Thank you

smitho

I had 803 today (Wednesday), I think for the first time - not a bad bus, fitted with MyWay...

Buzz Killington

Quote from: particleman on June 30, 2010, 10:11:05 PM
This may sound ignorant and stupid, but what is the difference between the older and newer Mk1s? I've heard something about the rear seats, and I know that the older ones had a white rear panel, where the later ones had blue instead.

Thank you

The oldest Mk1's have the backwards-facing seat on the left hand side of the bus much higher up (it sits on the wheel arch)

Barry Drive

758 has now moved to Woden.

Busnerd

The high rear facing seat was only up to 769 or somewhere around there, the 77's had a normal seat.

From memory the rear white panel was from 675 to 799

Barry Drive

760 looks like it's the next bus to be withdrawn from service.

755 & 756 while no longer in service have been fitted out with the MyWay system and are being used as test buses. 758 didn't have the MyWay pre-install fitted which could be why 756 came back from Woden depot.

Quote from: Busn00b on July 02, 2010, 05:01:00 PM
From memory the rear white panel was from 675 to 799
The rear panel was blue from 799 onwards (plus 726) - refer to the Gallery for photographic evidence. Bus 798 was the 100th bus delivered (including artics 700-725) and the last to have the white panel.

760 did my service on Monday night just gone - didn't seem too bad. It was certainly a lot warmer inside than it was outside  :)

Snorzac

was it a 67, it's last run was a 67.

The buses aren't necessarily bad, they are just our oldest

Snorzac

It appears 756 has left Belconnen again. I can also confirm that these buses will not be returning to service.

101, 102, 136 and 143 have been temporarily withdrawn for MyWay testing

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on July 10, 2010, 04:49:01 AM
It appears 756 has left Belconnen again.
No, it hasn't. It's just hiding.

Quote from: Metrobus on July 08, 2010, 09:20:07 PM
was it a 67, it's last run was a 67.

It was a Woden-bound 2 - so if it turned into a 67, then it might have been its second last trip.

Buzz Killington

MyWay tweeted on Tuesday that 760 has been withdrawn.

752 is still in service with Tuggeranong, though.

King of Buses

I Think, 755 and some other Renault in the ACTION going your way AOA was at woden last week and 756 was parked at a bus stop on London Cct (Legitslative Assembly I think). The driver of 331 didn't know either.

Bus 400

758 & 760 are the only to Renaults at Woden Depot as of 45 minutes ago.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 20, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
I would of (sic) thought that Bus 752 & 754 would of (sic) been the first to have ticket equipment removed, since they are the training buses & training on the new equipment would start soon anyway.

I can confirm that 754 has been stripped of its radio and ticket equipment. Not sure of its fate - whether it will continue as a trainer or not. 

The Love Guru

Can confirm it will continue as a trainer.

Barry Drive

754 is now at Woden.

The Love Guru

Well that was short lived, was told it would remain as a trainer by a trainer.