539-620 Scania K320UB deliveries

Started by Barry Drive, May 24, 2014, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

With 539 expected to be delivered next Friday (30 May), this topic is to report sightings of the new Scania K320 being delivered and entered into service.

Buzz Killington

539 was delivered to Woden Depot on Friday morning. Photo courtesy @traindriveriago

Buzz Killington

540 should arrive tomorrow (it left Adelaide today). 541 due on Thursday.

542 was spotted in Adelaide today

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 02, 2014, 09:12:00 PM
540 should arrive tomorrow (it left Adelaide today). 541 due on Thursday.
It did. However, 542 might be delivered in place of 541.

Buzz Killington

540 at Woden -

Barry Drive

542 appears to have departed - 544 is now parked at Scania (Adelaide).

ShawtBus

Just wondering...
How will the announcement of Custom Coaches being placed into administration, affect the delivery of our buses?

smitho

While in administration, the administrators (Deloites) are running it as a going concern, pending finding a buyer. I'd be guessing that deliveries will be unaffected.

ShawtBus

Quote from: smitho on June 05, 2014, 11:28:33 AM
While in administration, the administrators (Deloites) are running it as a going concern, pending finding a buyer. I'd be guessing that deliveries will be unaffected.

Thanks smitho :D

King of Buses

539 and 540 are now at Belconnen workshops.

539 left Woden on the 10th within an hour of me being there taking photos  >:(

540 joined it by the evening of the 11th.

Bus 400

So as Bus 541.

Buses 542 & 543 were delivered to Woden Depot on the 10th & 11th respectfully.

Bus 400

Buses 544 & (fairly certain) 545 arrived this week.

Expect the buses to start entering service next week.

EDIT-Bus 546 has arrived instead of 545 as previously reported. 

Skitube

still 3 CB80s in Woden, 542, 544 and another one that can't be seen clearly, 818 has moved to where 709 was, next to the gate on Athllon Dr.
no sign of additional cb80s up till 1:30pm

anybody knows why 544 got the thing at the front? never knew bike racks require straps...

The Love Guru

No straps there. It's a mounting bracket for the bike rack due to the different design of the CB80 and these being order with racks designed to go on then from the start. Will stop them having to drill huge holes in the body work to fit the racks.

Buzz Killington

I spotted 541 doing on-road tests in the Belconnen Town Centre early this morning.

Bus 400

Bus 547 is now at Woden Depot, presumably it was delivered late yesterday.

Skitube

what happened to 545 to make it undeliverable?

The Love Guru

Bus 400

Bus 400

Bus 549 recently arrived at Woden Depot.

King of Buses

549 was in service on Monday (I got it on a southbound 319).

With the site being down, 539 to 544 (that I know of) are now in service for those who didn't know.
545 I haven't heard anything about nor seen.
546 to 548 are at B Depot Workshops too apparently.
550 to around 554 (being delivered today apparently) should be at Woden and on their way to Belconnen soon.

The Love Guru

548 has entered service. 546 currently being used for training.
539 thru 544 and 548-549 are the in service buses so far.

Skitube

Inspection on Tuesday at Woden: 550 was the only one there, 545 is presumably somewhere in Australia other than the ACT......
If anybody knows anything about 545, please tell us...

Skitube

i believe 547 is either used for training or is in service already, can't confirm which is the case though

The Love Guru

547 has been used for training alongside 546. It was on driver training today. Neither 546 or 547 have entered service yet.

Barry Drive

For those who aren't following on twitter and/or fleetwiki: the first 10 vehicles (539-544, 546-549) are now in service with 546 on the road this week.

The next two deliveries, 550 & 552, have been registered. Expect one or both in service next week.

At a guess, they might be aiming for one new bus per week until about November.

King of Buses

What about 545 and 551. (Particularly 545. I do wonder where the heck it is...)

If I recall we are meant to be up to about 555 being here.

Bus 400

I have a feeling Buses 545 & 551 have been lost when production lines were stopped in Adelaide.
Now that (presumably) the buses are coming out of Sydney, unless Custom Coaches is closed for good. We shouldn't see anymore buses lost.

smitho

Do we know whether they've cleaned out the Adelaide plant completely of our Scanias, and if so, what is the number of the first Sydney-originating Scania diesel standard bus for ACTION?

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 13, 2014, 07:17:48 PM
I have a feeling Buses 545 & 551 have been lost when production lines were stopped in Adelaide.
Now that (presumably) the buses are coming out of Sydney, unless Custom Coaches is closed for good. We shouldn't see anymore buses lost.

You don't just lose a couple of buses with six figure price tags. Obviously those two had issues delaying their delivery. You don't hold up the rest of the orders just so you can keep going in numerical order.

Bus 400

The delivery guy might of turned left out of Adelaide instead of right & hasn't found anywhere to turn around yet.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on August 13, 2014, 07:35:26 PM
Do we know whether they've cleaned out the Adelaide plant completely of our Scanias, and if so, what is the number of the first Sydney-originating Scania diesel standard bus for ACTION?
Don't think it's happened yet. Reports suggest the Custom plant at Adelaide will close in early September, so there still could be a few more to come. Maybe up to 555? Would also depend on how many chassis Scania delivered (and when).

Skitube

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 14, 2014, 11:39:23 AM
Don't think it's happened yet. Reports suggest the Custom plant at Adelaide will close in early September, so there still could be a few more to come. Maybe up to 555? Would also depend on how many chassis Scania delivered (and when).

IIRC, the fleet list says 559 will be the first one for tuggers? i wonder if there will be some short-term transfers...

Barry Drive

Short-term? Do you mean if 545, 551 or other "missing" buses do not arrive when 559 is delivered? I doubt it.

But, depending on what is withdrawn and in what order, there are likely to be some Mk2 PR100.2s being transferred from Tuggeranong to Belconnen due to Tuggeranong having fewer low-numbered Mk2s than expected new deliveries. (They may be getting 37 new buses versus only 23 potential Mk2 withdrawals (going on fleet number order).)

The side desto on 546 is interesting. Spotted it last week at Dickson departing on Route 8, and the side desto was not working at all. A few days later I saw it on a 956 - the desto was working, but the number 956 was flush against the right hand side of the display. In the few LED columns between the left side and the start of the number, I could just make out "City via Palmerston" scrolling through! So the front and side appear to have become a bit mixed up.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: 743 on August 20, 2014, 07:55:42 PM
The side desto on 546 is interesting. Spotted it last week at Dickson departing on Route 8, and the side desto was not working at all.

I saw it yesterday morning. Nothing on the side desto but the front and back ones were fine.

King of Buses

Yes, was doing this last Thursday on a northbound 319. Took me a while to work out what was happening. Made me think of 311 though   :P

Barry Drive

Slightly off topic: the Custom Bus plant at Adelaide closes today, with a new Custom Care facility opening next week at Wingfield (near the Scania yard).

All new builds will come from Sydney. It's anyone's guess where 545 & 551 are right now.

Skitube

saw 552 driven by a mechanic today, believe it won't be in service this week. perhaps it would come out as the first bus for network '14?  :D

Barry Drive

551 & 555 were delivered this week (as reported by @traindriveriago). So they've nearly caught up with the contract - only 545 & 556 are "overdue", with 557 the only bus due in September.

552 was most likely in service yesterday, with 553 possibly ready for early next week.

Busfanatic101

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on September 11, 2014, 05:12:02 PM
553 in service today

Actually I believe that she was out yesterday evening on some service along Box Hill Ave at Lanyon just after 1700 (18,19,318,319,718,719 but it wasn't a 775).

Buzz Killington

553 entered service last Tuesday. Apologies for not posting it here but it was on twitter.

554 was out early this morning with a mechanic behind the wheel.

Skitube

a certain richy han has a photo of it on facebook, a lost Rt 54 as somebody called it

Busfanatic101

Does anyone know anything about what happened to the 545 yet?

Skitube

Quote from: ... on September 12, 2014, 07:05:56 AM
Does anyone know anything about what happened to the 545 yet?

normally traindriveriago on twitter would report new arrivals at woden, so follow him and you might know, but it appears he has incapacitated himself...
if it's not at adelaide, it would be in sydney, otherwise somewhere in the universe...

King of Buses

BUS.554 has been named (and has some signwriting - not exactly like 319 though) after the driver training asessor who recently passed away. One sign in the drivers cabin and one under the drivers window above the accreditation details or whatever that stuff is.

smitho

Understand that there was a naming ceremony for that bus at the memorial service held for that gentleman at Tuggeranong Depot's remembrance garden last Saturday.

Busfanatic101

i saw 554 today at wodenBS. It looks fantastic

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on August 13, 2014, 07:35:26 PM
Should have a definitive answer for this soon.