Ex-ACTION BUS-803 is pretty in pink!

Started by Sir Pompously, December 02, 2011, 05:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Saw 803 getting an inspection performed at Dickson today, waited around for it to come out of the inspection bay where it parked up just outside while the owner finalised the paperwork.

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

Doesn't look too bad at all. At least no one wil steal it, being pink and all. Paint job looks pro as well, the owner just has not had the roofline done.

Busnerd

Surprising what a new coat of paint will do when it is done professionally! Looks great and I'm sure everyone will see it driving around town with drunken yahoo's yelling out of it in no time!

Kramden

Quote from: Busnerd on December 03, 2011, 09:58:16 AM
Surprising what a new coat of paint will do when it is done professionally! Looks great and I'm sure everyone will see it driving around town with drunken yahoo's yelling out of it in no time!

Yes it looks terrific, very tidy.  I take it from your "drunken yoboo" comment that 803 is destined to be a party bus of sorts.  Given the choice of colour, perhaps a 'ladies only' affair, hen's nights a specialty.  I too can imagine it trawling the city with excited fem yobs singing out to passers by, not to mention puking in the saloon.  I do hope I get yelled at. 

Sir Pompously

Passed it on the Monaro Highway about a half hour ago, and it has been registered YHT-20M. Had for hire signs on the side and back, but nil accreditation. I do hope the new owner does investigate his needs for accreditation, insurance and other business requirements before he hires it out.

Barry Drive

Have seen it the past two days around EPIC (Summernats). Not sure what it's doing. Still has private plates and no accreditation which suggests it cannot be used for charter work.

Rear number plate is attached to bumper bar rather than engine cover, so it is not illuminated at night!

Kramden

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on January 07, 2012, 03:51:02 PM
Have seen it the past two days around EPIC (Summernats). Not sure what it's doing. Still has private plates and no accreditation which suggests it cannot be used for charter work.

Perhaps it's there for a new event this year to mark the quarter century of Summernats: a wet bus contest!

route56

summernats has quite the history with buses, ask lawrence the legend.

Busfanatic101

I saw ex action 803 aka pink party bus parked in the bus strip opposite Civic Library in the morning (8:25am) and in the same place again in the afternoon (3:28pm). Still remains pink whith the white block letters saying 'The pink party bus'.

I wonder what it was doing parked there all day.

Busfanatic101

The pink Party bus now has advertisements... or at least what looked like an ad to do with (soundsystem/radio?) when i glimpsed it yesterday. towards the rear on the right, in the middle strip, like the bcc ads on 100.2s size wise

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

Bus 400

From this photo in the last month or so, are the ads you saw visible?

Buzz Killington

That looks like the BDL logo at the back end. I saw it in the City yesterday and there was a BDL logo on the offside in about the same spot.

Busnerd

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 11, 2014, 08:32:59 PM
Also an ad for a smash repairer.
Well that's certainly ironic given the large dent in the side panel and the half a wheel arch missing

Barry Drive

From the Road Transport (Public Passenger Services) Regulation 2002:

25 Condition of buses

(1) The accredited operator of a bus service must ensure that, while a bus is being used to operate the service, its interior, exterior and fittings are clean and undamaged and that its fittings are properly fitted and securely in place.
Maximum penalty:  10 penalty units.

(2) In this section:
exterior, of a bus, includes the body, door panels, bumper bars, trim and wheels of the bus.