Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

To clean up the 'General Discussion' Thread, this thread is for observations regarding minor maintenance and repairs to vehicles.

--

Spotted one of the 88# series (886 or 889 i think) tonight, with a brand new rear panel.

Irisbus Rider

Seen that around. 985 is also running around with one too, has been for a while. Looks interesting without the red and yellow above the bumper.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mr Snrub on May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM
Spotted one of the 88# series (886 or 889 i think) tonight, with a brand new rear panel.
That would be 888.

Bus 400

Bus 365 will be at Tuggeranong Workshop for a few days after the front side windscreen was damaged

Bus 400

Bus 938 will be in to have its brakes replaced. Towards the end of the shift, it sounded like there was no rubber on the brakes & at time felt like we had a flat tyre.

Bus 869 was in for its lubrication service today.

bus3297

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 19, 2009, 06:59:48 PM
...it sounded like there was no rubber on the brakes...

I'm sorry to tell you this but buses (like most other road going vessels) do not have rubber brakes, they have carbon brakes.

Bus 400

I knew there was usually something between the metal park of the brake (disc) & the bit the brakes slow down. All I remember is that it was making an annoying noise. But before all of this the air thingy ma bob was releasing quite a lot each time the bus stopped

The Love Guru

TP3000, you have no idea what you are talking about! Try doing some research on the design of the system before jumping to conclusions about what is wrong!

Bus 400

That was what the driver said, he could also smell brake burning smell & the whole steering wheel set shook. Also while standing up the front with the driver I would hear the weird noise & how it got worse as the shift went on. Also in the beginning the air was releasing each time the bus stopped & continued as the bus left.

The Love Guru

The air releasing has nothing to do with the brake. The air release problem would be a faulty air pressure regulator. The air compressor on most buses runs constantly and has a pressure regulator to keep it at a constant level. The only way the brakes could be involved is if there was inadequate air pressure to stop the maxi brakes from applying themselves (they are spring actuated). Its possilbe the noise was a warning indicator in the brake lining, but i very much doubt it. The linings last a long time and are changed before they become an issue.

Snorzac

-994 has a freshly painted front
-128 has a new bumper, bull bar and windscreen wipers.

Bus 400

971 had its driver side mirror repaired after a Scania decided to smash into it at Woden Interchange.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mini Mat on May 20, 2009, 03:35:03 PM
-128 has a new bumper, bull bar and windscreen wipers.
'Bull bar'? you mean bike rack.

-993 appears to have a new engine cover.

Snorzac

Yep, in 128s case I call it the bull bar.

Bus 400

345 is in for repairs after someone damaged the front left panel of the bus, apparently this is the second time that this has happened to 345.

While most people should know that 382 is back on the road & has been for 2 weeks now & goes quite well.

Snorzac

359 which has been at the rear of Belconnen depot for about a week has returned to service. It had a few panels on the right hand side replaced, these panels were at the rear.

Bus 400

347 was booked into workshop for a blown brake bulb. However during the shift, the Wayfarer validator became stuck to the bus & remained closed

lukeo25

"the Wayfarer validator became stuck to the bus" ???? what how does it get stuck to it, i was on 347 going in2 woden this afternoon afternoon so it probably happened after woden

Bus 400

The Supervisor used his special key & the key wouldn't move. So we did a 2 Return loop with no machine this morning. Apparently the workshop said that they would fix the validator but didn't have time to fix the tail light. But the workshop guys do have bigger muscles having to lift a lot of things all day

Sir Pompously

Quote from: TP 3000 on June 05, 2009, 10:58:13 PM
...But the workshop guys do have bigger muscles having to lift a lot of things all day
I am sorry, run that one by me again?

Bus 400

Well I don't mean to pick on supervisors, but they spend most of their time doing paperwork & sometimes dealing with interchange garbage, I mean passengers (Us good passengers rarely have anything to do with the supervisors).

While the workshop guys have their equipment & anything they need to fix buses, which can be heavy.

Sir Pompously

I am just trying to see how exaclty that flows in a sentence. I think I understand what you are trying to say, however the way you have worded it makes it sound like you are telling the big boy's at the workshops what big muscles they have......

Buzz Killington

save it for the bath-house, sport.

Bus 400

From the looks of it, half the Belconnen Fleet are waiting at the workshops.

Bus 400

-370 went as the ABS light fuse was playing up
-808 was put on the bricks after having a weird smell for most of the afternoon.
-822 appears to have work being done on its front axle. As apparently the front wheels are facing to the centre
-972's bus stopping dash light went yesterday. To fix this problem, the whole dash board needed to be taken off & for this one of the bolts needed work done on it.

Bus 400

On 22 June 2009, Bus 380 bashed the gates at Junior Girls Grammar this afternoon. There is a gouge in the right side where the body works angles up. Luckily it just missed the window though. My camera was in another bus & it was leaving. Just to clear things up I spotted it at City West Layover & not at CGJGS.

380 has now had a repaint job & was spotted drying at the back of Belconnen Depot.

Buzz Killington

I spotted 827 on tow going up the parkway yesterday arvo, a little after 4pm.

Bus 400

Yeah it died at around 13:30 at Woden Interchange, the Tuggers Mechanic was checking it over at about 14:00. Another MkI 800 series bus also was withdrawn from service yesterday morning. Next comment will not be made.

990 is also in the Belco Workshop Layover this afternoon.

Bus 400

781 was spotted on the Reed St South side of Tuggers Workshop, with the back end closer to the ground then most PR100.2MkI'S

Busnerd

Did you think its rear air bags could of bean low or leaking?

Bus 400

Having no idea about the air bag things, it looked liked the suspension had gone. But the weird thing is that major work isn't really done at Tuggeranong Depot on weekends & most buses just sit on the bricks (other side of the workshop building) over the weekend, with quick fix buses being done on Sunday night/real early Monday morning. Also the workshop doors were shut & there was room for 781 on the bricks. But I don't think that they would be that desperate for 781 as quite a few less buses are on duty tomorrow.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on July 05, 2009, 06:33:35 PM
Having no idea about the air bag things, it looked liked the suspension had gone.
I doubt the suspension would have gone, I'd say it had a leak in the airbags. IIRC, 959 is like that.

Bus 400

Belconnen Bus 969 was at Tuggeranong workshop this morning with the engine hatch up.

Snorzac

wow...I don't think that is quite what this thread is for. Anyway 871 has a fresh rear

Snorzac

Quote from: TP 3000 on July 15, 2009, 11:10:07 PM
Belconnen Bus 969 was at Tuggeranong workshop this morning with the engine hatch up.

Sorry I misread the post. Tuggies workshop you say? What time was this?

Bus 400

Quote from: Lemon on July 17, 2009, 10:16:35 PM
Sorry I misread the post. Tuggies workshop you say? What time was this?

I saw it around 09:30

Snorzac

strange, I saw it at Belco at 10:30. It must have gotten out of there fast

Bus 400

Probably died at Tuggeranong way the night before & was repaired after minor work was done on Tuggers buses.

Barry Drive

Bus 144 has a new front number plate.

Barry Drive

Possibly not so minor, 760 has joined the list of buses with a damaged front - near side headlights smashed and a fairly dented front.

Snorzac

Not really minor but BUS 148 has re-entered service. I saw it yesterday on a route 17 with Fraser behind the wheel. It is really, really shiny!

Buzz Killington

Spotted 118 broken down on Barry Dr yesterday morning.

Bus 400

At around 20:00 Bus 327 broke down in Bruce & was towed back to Tuggeranong Depot at 22:00.

Bus 375 broke down at the same time on Drakeford Drive KAMBAH. The mechanic came down, the water pump needs replacing, the air con pump needs replacing 2 belts were replaced on the side of the road. 4 of the coolant tanks went dry steam came out the back for a while. Below is a view of the dash, when the engine hatch was opened, a logo with the bus & a ! at the rear also came up.

Snorzac

Quote from: Martin on August 04, 2009, 12:54:37 PM
Possibly not so minor, 760 has joined the list of buses with a damaged front - near side headlights smashed and a fairly dented front.
760 is now in the workshops with a 'metallic' front. lol

Barry Drive

Since no one else has mentioned it yet, 330 is back in service with a VeloPorter 2 Bike Rack.

Busnerd

340 Was Seen At Custom Coaches Sydney for Repairs.

Snorzac

So that is where it has been. The driver that always has it hasn't had it for weeks. That could be the reason for the bike rack been off.... I don't think they are legal in NSW

I_adore_buses

Has any 100.3 broken down recently in Woden area?  I saw one today near Lyons shops.