MAN blue lights / Building our City

Started by smitho, June 02, 2009, 08:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Most of the MAN buses which I've driven lately have been retrofitted with blue interior lights similar to those in the Scanias.
I notice there is still the odd 'Building our City, Building our Community' logo on the rear of one or two Scanias, rather than the 'Going Your Way.' logo.

Snorzac

I believe there is a problem with reflection in the MANs, I am not sure whether it is with the blue lights or the normal lights but Canberra Ken has been assessing it. The Building our city logos will be there for a while.

In other retrofit news 375 now has a noisy indicator and 374 has a reverse alarm.

Bus 400

After being on many a late night Scania/MAN bus, I have noticed that the white lights in the first half reflects quite bad on the front windscreen. But I have also noticed that the blue light does the same. The driver has ended up turning the first half off, as to his left all he sees is the back half of the bus.

This reflection effect is partly lost when high beam is put on, but we haven't tried turning the back half off & leaving the lights in the first half on (as I suspect that this may be the problem).