Date Set for the delivery of Qantas A380

Started by Snorzac, August 07, 2008, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

It will be the 19th September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QuoteQANTAS ANNOUNCES A380 DELIVERY DATE

SYDNEY, 7 August 2008: Qantas announced today that it would take delivery of its first A380 aircraft on 19 September 2008.

The Executive General Manager of Qantas, Mr John Borghetti, said the airline would welcome its first A380 aircraft into the Qantas fleet at a ceremony at Airbus? Toulouse factory and fly it via Singapore to Sydney, where it will land on Sunday morning, 21 September.

Mr Borghetti reconfirmed that Qantas would operate its first A380 commercial passenger service from Melbourne to Los Angeles on 20 October 2008, and its first Sydney-Los Angeles service on 24 October. ?This is the first of 20 A380s to join the Qantas fleet, with a total of three being delivered by the end of 2008,? he said. ?We will be progressively introducing A380 services from Sydney to London via Singapore from early 2009.?

Mr Borghetti said the Qantas A380 would offer the airline?s customers the best cabin design in the sky. ?Our Creative Director, world-renowned industrial designer Marc Newson, has overseen the design and development of all four classes on board ? First, Business, Premium Economy and Economy ? and all cabins will provide new levels of comfort, innovation, and style,? Mr Borghetti said.

?The A380 is an exciting addition to the Qantas fleet, and our customers and staff are all eagerly awaiting its arrival.?

Buzz Killington

i for one am shocked that our inside man, Sir Pompously, did not break this news.

Snorzac

Quote from: Charles Logan on August 07, 2008, 08:28:25 PM
i for one am shocked that our inside man, Sir Pompously, did not break this news.

As well as being a bus enthusiest I am also an aviation enthusiest. Not sure if Sir Pompously is but I am a member of the Sydney Airport Message Board have a look if you want.

http://yssyforum.net/board/

Sir Pompously

Sure am.

Sorry Ryan, I just did not take much notice :P, but did see it in the news the other day.

Snorzac

Snorzac

Here is an e-mail I received from Airbus:

The summer has been rich in events for Airbus with A380 deliveries, Farnborough airshow and the launch of new sites for Japan and China.

The delivery of the first A380 to Qantas marks a new milestone in the success story of this aircraft, six of which are already in operation and 192 on order.

Browse through our special A380 Delivery site and discover how Qantas is preparing for the arrival of its 21st century flagship.

First A380 delivery to Qantas
19 September 2008
Follow the ceremony live!

On the 19th, share the excitement of the evening ceremony live, followed by the take off to Australia of Qantas' new bird.