Deane's rebranded as Qcity Transit

Started by 743, July 03, 2013, 02:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Today, Deane's has been rebranded as Qcity Transit with the tagline "it's all about Q".

The new website is available at www.qcitytransit.com.au. Bus 37 has been placed into the modified livery with new logos and an all-over rear advertisement about the rebrand - limited photos at www.qcitytransit.com.au/bus-news.

Transborder Express as a brand remains the same however a new website is also available at www.transborder.com.au.

ajw373

I was expecting to see a new livery with a CDC yellow base, instead it seems it is just new branding.

400:D

I'm sure it's only a matter of time, I get the feeling they are bringing it up to standard with the rest of the CDC fleets then they will bring in the yellow etc.

Bus 400

I suppose with the south coast operation also changing its name earlier this year, this brings an end to the Deanes name.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 03, 2013, 07:41:01 PM
I suppose with the south coast operation also changing its name earlier this year, this brings an end to the Deanes name.
Almost. The accreditation is still recorded against Deanes Buslines Pty Ltd, so Qcity and TBX will still show the Deanes name under the driver's window for some time yet.

smitho

That's what was said about the Ron Finemore (road haulage....firm taken over, but laster reestablished)...only to rise again.

Not to mention the Ansett name!

ajw373

Slightly different with Finemores. Though what do you mean with the Ansett name? From what I recall it disappeared once never to return.

smitho

Quote from: ajw373 on July 05, 2013, 06:07:38 PM
Slightly different with Finemores. Though what do you mean with the Ansett name? From what I recall it disappeared once never to return.

Well, Reg Ansett first established the Ansett company as a road bus operation in the late 1920s or early 1930s.

As it competed directly with the Victorian Railways in the Western District (around Portland and Warrnambool, from memory), Ansett's fledgling operation was effectively squashed by State Government regulations which were legislated in order to protect the Railways.

But the Ansett name rose again when Reg Ansett turned to aviation in response to the frustrations he'd experienced in trying to run road buses.

In more recent times, the Ansett name was never fully extinguished following the demise of Ansett Airlines of Australia. At least one of the members of the Ansett family has continued the name in the aviation industry; from memory, it is associated with a flying training outfit based in Victoria.

Bus 400

Timetable displays looked to off been changed last night/this morning in the City. While these "stickers" are appearing at other bus stops with the route number.

The Love Guru

I saw unit 37 at Woden earlier sporting the new name on it.

smitho

Quote from: The Love Guru on July 07, 2013, 12:09:51 AM
I saw unit 37 at Woden earlier sporting the new name on it.

Observed Q City stick on notices out in the suburbs today....on an ACTION bus stop pole near Kingston as I recall.