Civic Revitalisation-City Bus Station Alterations

Started by Bus 400, November 08, 2011, 08:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

During this program we have seen the Alinga Street & London Circuit bus stop spruce ups (including Building Formerly Known As ACTEWAGL House currently going on). Well now the work has spread in the City Bus Station to once again spruce up the City Bus Station, will we see new bus shelters? Who knows.....

Anyway work on the City Bus Station will begin on Monday (14/11/11) with Platform 5 moving to behind Platform 3. So more confusing then when Platform 3 became Platform 5 which in return became Platform 3 during the time when Platform 3 was extended so that Belconnen Blue Rapids had more stopping room.

A pretty map has been done up to show whats the go & can be found at https://www.action.act.gov.au/Routes_101001/pdfs/Platform%205%20Map.pdf

More (possibly less confusing) information can be found at https://www.action.act.gov.au/news/station_disruptions.html

Barry Drive

The platform 5 upgrade has been completed. To keep things simple, from Monday 5 March platform 4 will move to the refurbished platform 5 and the temporary platform 5 will remain on East Row. Things should go back to normal once platform 4 has had its paving upgrade.

This poster should explain it:

Bus 400

(I swear I mentioned something on the forum earlier, but can't remember where).

Anyway, a new AdShel style shelter is currently being installed on the Commonwealth Bank bus stop on London Circuit. It looks very similar to the shelters currently installed within the Belconnen Community Centre. That includes what appears to be timetable information included within the shelter. Same thing is to go up outside the old ACTEWAGL Building bus stop.

Since what was known to happen with the old shelters here, how long until a glass panel is smashed?

smitho

Oh, I can remember the 'good old days' when there were two major "Stands" between Akuna St and Civic Square, each with sizeable shelters.

One was the Commonwealth Bank stand, the other the Qantas House stand.

(Qantas House has been renamed in more recent times...Ethos or Eros House of something similar.....).

Bidgee

The glass guys (can't recall the company's name) were measuring up the missing glass panels at platforms 4 and 6.