Aircraft of LAX - Zac, you'll need tissues

Started by Sir Pompously, October 04, 2011, 01:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

After chucking in the towel with driving from LA to New Mexico to spend time with a friend, I found I had more time than I really would like to spend in LA. Seeing as though I am staying near to the airport I thought I might as well make the most of it and go plane spotting. There are two main spotting locations at LAX, one at Imperial Hill off Imperial Highway, which has tables and chairs with a viewing deck overlooking the airport (And complete with an American Flag). The other is In-n-Out burger on South Sepulveda Blvd, which is only a 10-15min walk from my hotel. This spot is pretty cool as planes fly very low overhead, and you can have a burger and shake on the tables outside or in the small park across the road.

Here are some teasers, but the lot can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kommissar_todd06/sets/72157627811687620/with/6209248835/

I am slowly captioning , so bear with me. Aircraft type can normally be found in the title.

A United Airlines 747-400 seen in United Airlines new livery, basically Continental Airlines livery and logo with United font and name

American Airlines 737-800

Lufthansa 747-400 on finals