Canberra Airport Spotting 20/01/11

Started by Snorzac, February 06, 2011, 05:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

This is a one part series, thanks to Todd for telling me what was coming in because other wise I would never have got these pictures.

Originally I went out to the carpark to get pictures of Dash 8-Q400 VH-QOW which wears a special livery for Taronga Zoo which was due in, regrettably the photos didn't come out, this is what seemed at the time a rather strange movement, VH-QOX is seen been moved to a different parking position.

This is VH-RJB a small Cessna Citation belonging to Airlux. It is about now I got a message from Todd that there was a 767 coming in on a diversion from Melbourne, it is then when the QOX movement made sense, the gate QOX was parked at is the only gate capable of taking a 767.

There she is, Qantas 767-338 VH-OGN 'Partnership' is seen landing in Canberra on a Sydney to Melbourne flight, this aircraft experienced a wind shear alert on final approach to Melbourne forcing it to abort landing, the crew elected to divert to Canberra to take on fuel.

Turning to park at Gate 13.

Another diversion from Melbourne is Virgin Blue Boeing 737-8FE VH-VUK "Mackay-be-Diva".

Virgin Blue's first E170 VH-ZHA "Bele-Issimo Blue" is seen taxiing for departure to Sydney.

Virgin Blue 737-7Q8 VH-VBB 'Barrossa Babe' is seen arriving from Melbourne.

and last of all Citation RJB is seen departing after (I assume) a short stop to take on fuel.

a trip report will follow in a few hours time.