BUS 674 (1)
From ACT Bus Fleetwiki
(Redirected from BUS 672 (1))
Also known as ZIR 888 and Bus 672 (1)
|Entered Service||July 1985|
|Removed from Service||May 2000|
|Desto Equipment||Alcatel/STC Cannon flip-dot|
|Body||Renault Vehicules Industriels (France)|
|Gallery Album||Bus 674|
Bus 674 was a Renault PR100, and the only one in Australia.
- The bus was built in 1980 by Renault Vehicules Industriels (RVI), Lyon France as a PR100 demonstrator unit for the Singapore Bus Service
- It was first displayed at the 1980 International Motor Show in Birmingham.
- From 1980-84 it was a demonstrator in the United Kingdom before being stored in the Lyon factory.
- Mack Australia then had the unit upgraded to PR100.2 standard with various body changes to suit an Australian life.
- The bus was first at ACTION from 4-15 March 1985 registered as ZIR-888 however it was never put into service.
- The bus then went to MTT Perth (No. 10) from 26 April 1985 to 10 June 1985, and then returned to Mack and deregistered.
- The bus was returned to ACTION for full evaluation in July 1985, as ZIB-672.
- The bus was renumbered 674 and re-registered ZIB-674 on 11 February 1986.
- ACTION purchased the unit on 25 June 1986.
- A Gulton flip-dot destination display was installed in the bus during February 1988. (This was later replaced by STC Cannon flip-dot display.)
- It was re-registered as BUS 674 during May 1989.
- On 4 July 1992 it was transferred from Kingston Depot to Tuggeranong Depot.
- When it was withdrawn from service, the flip-dot display was removed and installed into BUS 869, and was replaced by Brose roller blind equipment.
- In May 2000 it was sold to Cavanagh's of Kempsey
- In May 2014, Cavanagh's sold the vehicle to Sydney-based bus enthusiasts. It was registered 48316 H on 31 May 2014.
- In June 2019, it was sold to another NSW-based private owner. It is currently unregistered.
- "Bus with difference" – The Canberra Times, 4 July 1985, page 12.
- "ACTION tries out new bus" – The Canberra Times, 5 July 1985, page 8.
All Over Advertising
Summernats – December 1994 to December 1995
- the first vinyl wrap AOA
- following removal of the wrap, Bus 674 was repainted into the Mk2 Renault livery
|Owner/Operator||Location||Registration||Fleet #||Date From||Date To||Notes|
|MTT||Perth, WA||7BD 174||10||26 Apr 1985||10 Jun 1985|
|Cavanagh's||Kempsey, NSW|| 4215 MO
|~ May 2000||25 May 2014|
|Private Owners||Oakville, NSW||48316 H||May 2014||Jun 2019|
|Private Owner||NSW||Jun 2019||Present||unregistered|