BUS 712 (2)
|Entered Service||29 August 2017|
|Removed from Service||~9 November 2018|
|Desto Equipment|| Mobitec white LED displays|
with Hanover DG3 controller
|Body Date||Sep 2015|
|Climate Control||Spheros REVO-E|
|Gallery Album||Bus 712|
<< prev |
Bus 712 was a Volvo B5RLEH Diesel-powered parallel hybrid (Euro V plus EEV) evaluation bus.
- Bus 712 was leased from Volvo Buses between June 2017 and 1 December 2018 (contract extended from September 2018) as one of three alternative energy buses being evaluated by Transport Canberra; the other two being BYD Toro plug-in electric buses (Buses 710 & 711).
- It has previously been registered as (NSW) CH-72-QB
- Bus 712 was delivered to Tuggeranong Depot on 29 June 2017.
- This vehicle was delivered in the standard Transport NSW blue-and-white livery, but was wrapped in a special livery before entering service.
- Bus 712 was first registered in ACT on 14 August 2017.
- It was launched to the media on 25 August 2017.
- In October 2017, its Mobitec destination controller was replaced with a Hanover DG3. The Mobitec white LED displays were unchanged.
- From 26 February 2018 until the week of 26 March 2018, Bus 712 operated without a bike rack.
- As at 12 November 2018, its special livery was removed.
"I'm Hybrid Electric" (Volvo Buses/Transport Canberra) - ~12 August 2017 to 12 November 2018
- Transport Canberra welcomes Alternate Fuel Buses to the fleet - Transport Canberra/Internet Archive
- Canberra's first electric and hybrid buses go into service on Monday - Canberra Times
- Volvo Bustech hybrid diesel electric bus at Canberra Arboretum (5:02) - YouTube
Diesel Engine: D5F215 4 cylinder turbo diesel 4.76 litre Euro V / EEV. 161 kW (216 HP) @ 2200 RPM, 800 Nm @ 1200-1700 RPM
Electric Motor: Max power 120 kW (161 HP). Max torque 800 Nm
Energy storage: Lithium-Ion battery. 600 V. Capacity 4.8 kWh
Transmission: Volvo AT2412D I-Shift Automatic gearbox, 12 forward gears, 4 reverse
Source: Volvo Buses B5RLE Hybrid (PDF)