Bus 670 was a Mercedes-Benz O.305 with body by Ansair Tullamarine. It was delivered to ACTION in April 1985.
This was the last of the 81-strong fleet of O.305 buses to enter service with ACTION.
After it was withdrawn from the ACTION fleet in November 1999, 670 was purchased by Interline (Macquarie Fields NSW) where it operated alongside its sister units 628, 631, 632, 634, 665, 667 and 668.
It was saved from being being scrapped by Interline in September 2010 when it was purchased by a Canberra enthusiast who intended to fully restore it to to its former ACTION condition. In November 2011, it was on-sold to a Sydney bus collector who intends to continue the restoration process.
- Bus 670 on ACT Bus fleetwiki
- Bus 670 on ACT Bus Gallery
- Bus 670 (restoration) on ACT Bus Gallery
- Bus 670 (restoration) article on ACT Bus
- YouTube videos of Bus 670:
- “Bus 670 over Tharwa Bridge” (10 July 2011)
- “Ex-Canberra Mercedes O305 670 on the road” (21 July 2012)
- “Ex-ACTION Canberra Mercedes O305 670” (21 July 2012)
- “Me driving ex-Canberra Mercedes O305 670” (21 July 2012)