On 1 July 2020, an era came to close when Bus 116 – the last remaining ACTION Renault PR100.3 – was retired from service.
The PR100.3 was the successor to the Renault PR100.2. It featured the distinctive front cowl of the Renault R312 bus with the body built by Austral Denning of Brisbane. A total of 42 of these buses entered service between 1994 and 1996: the first six having PR100.2 running gear (with two of these originally running on natural gas before being converted to diesel). Seven were modified to enable wheelchairs to use the bus, however this capability was removed in 2007.
At present only Bus 991 has found a home with another operator (Sid Fogg’s), but it is hoped that others from the fleet will live on. While there may be no more PR100.3s, their older siblings (the PR100.2) will continue to roam the streets of Canberra for a while yet.
- ACT Bus Gallery – PR100.3 | PR100.3NGV | PR100.3a
- ACT Bus Wiki – Bus 990 | Bus 991 | PR100.3 | PR100.3a
- PR100.3 NGV specifications on ACT Bus website
- PR100.3 specifications on ACT Bus website
- PR100.3a specifications on ACT Bus website
- Featured Bus: Jan 2011 – Bus 990 (PR100.3NGV)
- Featured Bus: Mar 2011 – Bus 113 (prototype PR100.3a)
- Featured Bus: May 2014 – Bus 130 (PR100.3a)
- Featured Bus: Mar/Apr 2016 – Bus 108 (PR100.3)
- Featured Bus: May/Jun 2017 – Bus 992 (prototype PR100.3)
- Featured Bus: Jan/Feb 2020 – Renault PR100.3
- “First new Renault ACTION bus arrives” The Canberra Times, 9 September 1993: p5. (via Trove)