The first bus service to Lyneham commenced on 22 December 1958, when the group of routes – numbers 29, 30, 31 and 33 – were extended from O’Connor to the yet-to-be-constructed Lyneham Shops.
A listing of all routes operating under ACTION’s Network 2014, which commenced on 1 September 2014.
Until the launch of the ACTION trading name in 1977, the ‘owners’ of the bus service had used, with little consistency, a great variety of names to describe the operation of public transport in Canberra.
Only six houses in Kambah were occupied when the Canberra City Omnibus Service first ran to the then new suburb on 24 June 1974.
Kingston Depot closed on Sunday 5 July 1992. The days before the closure were filled with activity transferring the more than 100 buses which operated from Kingston.
ACTION’s fleet as recorded on 27 September 1991.
[notice]Article still under review[/notice] January Scania K360UA Articulated Buses 519, 520 and 521 were delivered, whilst 515, 516, 517 and 519 enter service Renault PR180.2 Mk1 Articulated Buses 700, 701, 702, 708 and 710 are withdrawn from service Dennis Dart SLF Buses 140, 141 and 142 return to Belconnen Depot from Woden. Buses 120, 121, Read More
ACTION’s regular route fleet on 31 December 2013 consisted of 418 buses
The last bus on a Saturday night would wait for the theatre to finish before it left the City – find out what the rest of Canberra’s bus network looked like in 1962.
The final Scania K360UA, Bus 538, entered service on 11 November 2013. Read the full history of ACTION’s articulated bus fleet.