Lathlain Street Station opened in May 2009 following the decomissioning of the Belconnen Interchange. It closed on 15 November 2010 after being replaced by the permanent Westfield Station.
At Kingston, the original depot was located near the Power Station. In the late 1920’s, a new garage and workshop was built off Wentworth Avenue to the south of the Power Station. This latter garage was then incorporated into a much larger depot in the 1930’s and was, in turn, converted into the bus and Read More
Belconnen’s first interchange was not located in the town centre, but rather in the suburb of Higgins.
Cameron Avenue Station opened in May 2009 following the de-comissioning of the Belconnen Interchange. It closed on 15 November 2010.
On 24 May 2009, BUS 300 departed Tuggeranong Bus Interchange on a Route 900 bound for Belconnen. This bus was the last bus to ever service the Belconnen Interchange.
The Belconnen Interchange was located between Benjamin Way and Chandler Street in Belconnen and opened in January 1979. It closed on 25 May 2009 as part of the Belconnen Mall redevelopment. The Interchange had always been a subject of debate in Canberra, with the most resounding criticism saying that was too isolated, and had a reputation for Read More
When Ainslie Depot opened in June 1929, it consisted of two garages, which originally came from the Molonglo Construction camp near the present suburb of Fyshwick. Two more garages and a workshop were added in the early 1930’s.