The first bus service in Canberra was started in 1923 when the Department of Works obtained two buses for the transport of workmen to various building sites around the city. In addition, these buses also doubled as school buses. Early in 1925 a number of services for workmen were commenced from nearby Queanbeyan (in New South Wales), while Mrs H Barton commenced a local service in Canberra about the middle of the same year. (more…)
This section takes a closer look at the diverse range of buses that have made up the ACTION Buses fleet over the years.