ACT Bus presents a guide to the various bus liveries of Canberra.
ACTION’s Network 2016 commenced on 27 August 2016. Changes from the previous network included improved services to Molonglo and additional peak extensions to the City.
A wrap-up of ACT public transport happenings from 2015 as viewed by ACT Bus
ACTION’s Network 2014, which commenced on 1 September 2014, was revised effective 18 May 2015.
In 1922, the Commonwealth Department of Works had two 25 passenger Dodge charabancs which were used to carry construction workers and school children. They were also used for community purposes and did special trips for forestry students. They were numbered C94 and C166.
Download manuals for buses that previously formed part of the ACTION Fleet.
The first bus service to Lyneham commenced on 22 December 1958, when the group of routes – numbers 29, 30, 31 and 33 – were extended from O’Connor to the yet-to-be-constructed Lyneham Shops.
A listing of all routes operating under ACTION’s Network 2014, which commenced on 1 September 2014.
Until the launch of the ACTION trading name in 1977, the ‘owners’ of the bus service had used, with little consistency, a great variety of names to describe the operation of public transport in Canberra.
Only six houses in Kambah were occupied when the Canberra City Omnibus Service first ran to the then new suburb on 24 June 1974.