May 1, 2013
Click here to view individual articles for over 1,300 past and present ACTION Buses together with comprehensive fleet lists
Click here to view over 4,400 images of ACTION Buses past and present as well as timetables, maps and transport infrastructure
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/may-2013/
Bus 734 was a MAN SL202 Evaluator Bus, with body by Ansair.
Operating for ACTION for evaluation purposes during 1991, it was housed at Tuggeranong Depot. Initially it was to have a sister unit that operated on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG). The order for that vehicle, which was to be registered as Bus 735, was cancelled.
It also carried a trial livery, which retained the orange and blue of ACTION’s fleet at the time, however white was the dominating colour of the theme.
Since leaving ACTION, it has been known to operate for Parramatta-Ryde Bus Service (3567), Baxter’s Buslines (50), Transit First (72) and Veolia (693).
It also operated for the Olympic Road Transport Authority in Sydney during the 2000 Olympics.
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/featured-bus-may-2013/
Following a request from ACT Bus, ACTION supplied a copy of their policy on taking photos and/or video of its Buses. It has been reproduced below as supplied:
ACTION would like to acknowledge that there is no law in place to prevent a person from collecting photographs or video in public areas. However, ACTION’s operational staff have special responsibilities to maintain a high degree of diligence and to investigate suspicious incidents such as a person taking photographs or videos.
ACTION employees are advised to enquire after the reason for collecting photos. If the activities of the person collecting the photos are causing, or likely to cause a safety issue, nuisance, annoyance or unacceptable invasion of privacy to other people they will be requested to cease collecting photos or video.
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/action-policy-on-taking-photosvideo-of-buses/
ACT Bus is a Canberra-based Transport Enthusiast Website. Given that buses are the primary mode of public transport in Canberra, the site has a heavy emphasis on ACTION Buses.
We aim to provide a place for transport enthusiasts to discuss their hobby and contribute to the preservation of the history of buses in the Canberra region.
Our site is split into a number of key areas:
- Website – Articles covering infrastructure, routes, fleet specifications, news items and historic events and service initiatives
- Gallery – Over 4,400 images of current and former ACTION Buses, plus infrastructure and historic timetables.
- Fleet Wiki – In-depth fleet information dating back to the 1920s, with individual articles on over 1,000 buses together with fleet lists and summaries for both the current and former fleet.
- Forum – A place where people who have an interest in public transport can gather and discuss their hobby
- Retired Employees Club Website – ACT Bus also hosts the Retired ACT Transport Employees Club Website.
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/welcome-to-act-bus/