July 1, 2015
Work on the new Erindale Bus Station will commence in late-2015 with the $0.9 million construction contract awarded
Chief Minister Andrew Barr has announced plans to alter the western end of Woden Bus Station
A new public tender for construction works on the new Erindale Bus Station has been issued.
From 18 May 2015, Route 202 will operate as a pre-pay only service
Shane Rattenbury has announced policy changes to ACTION buses including the fitting of bike racks to long buses
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/july-2015/
Bus 539 is a Scania K320UB 4×2 with Custom Bus “CB80″ body. It was delivered to ACTION on 30 May 2014 and entered service on 15 July 2014.
It is the class leader of an order of 77 vehicles to be delivered from May 2014 to July 2017.
The 539 class are the first Euro VI-standard buses in the ACTION fleet, and are among the first Euro VI buses in Australia.
As at 30 June 2015, 36 K320UB 4x2s are in service.
Photo courtesy of Transit Graphics
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/featured-bus-july-aug-2015/
Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, Shane Rattenbury, today announced that on Monday 18 May, ACTION will launch new weekday timetables for a number of services to improve on-time running and reduce waiting times between services.
“Since Network 14 was introduced last year ACTION have been analysing commuter behaviour based on data from the MyWay system and will be making some changes to the scheduling of services to create more efficient and effective timetables,” Mr Rattenbury said.
“These changes will include improvements based on both network analysis and passenger feedback we have received since the introduction of Network 14.
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/new-timetable-adjustments/
ACT Bus is a Canberra-based Transport Enthusiast Website. Given that buses are the primary mode of public transport in Canberra, the site has a heavy emphasis on ACTION Buses.
We aim to provide a place for transport enthusiasts to discuss their hobby and contribute to the preservation of the history of buses in the Canberra region.
Our site is split into a number of key areas:
- Website – Articles covering infrastructure, routes, fleet specifications, news items and historic events and service initiatives
- Gallery – Over 5,000 images of current and former ACTION Buses, plus infrastructure and historic timetables.
- Fleet Wiki – In-depth fleet information dating back to the 1920s, with individual articles on over 1,400 buses together with fleet lists and summaries for both the current and former fleet.
- Forum – A place where people who have an interest in public transport can gather and discuss their hobby
- Retired Employees Club Website – ACT Bus also hosts the Retired ACT Transport Employees Club Website.
Permanent link to this article: http://actbus.net/welcome-to-act-bus/